Aussie ae86 rally car
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Aussie ae86 rally car
haha your car is SO much futher along then mine now. I need to fix that, haha. Great work, it looks fantastic! However... I demand more pics of the heater! lol.

good work man

Wow, I could have sworn I had an account here... I guess I'm the new guy Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Aussie ae86 rally car
hahahah the heater is touch and go atm, i had to shift it alot so its sitting about 50mm further right and further back! theres a big aircon ducting tube joining that to the heater, but those arent the same size, so with lots of aluminium tape, hose clamps and lockwire, it seals...sorta (you can see the blue race tape to hold it down :\)
07-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Aussie ae86 rally car
Interesting.... Very interesting....

Im trying to avoid that. Besides, remember when you picked that heater up? The thing weighs a TON. I think I am going to use an after market smaller heater and just duct it to the windshield.

Any specs on the motor? Or is your engine just stock?

Wow, I could have sworn I had an account here... I guess I'm the new guy Sad
07-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Aussie ae86 rally car
Look what Ian G. has done to his project car. I think he said about buying a front windshield that is self-heated, as the rear one.

JapanPower

UoP Racing website
UoP Racing videos

Racing, because football, basketball, tennis & golf only require ONE ball....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Aussie ae86 rally car
self demisting windscreens are worth...well alot...

and i couldnt find anything bar a hair drier that would blow enough hot air
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Aussie ae86 rally car
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Aussie ae86 rally car]
09-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Aussie ae86 rally car
my idea for the demister, im just going to get a custom core made, hooked up with both lines coming in through the one hole (i run my engine loom in through the other) and then just some custom ducting to the standard under dash air channeling, but try to position the core so its a relatively simple shape.

with just a small thermo fan on the under side, sucking ambeint air out of the cabin and blowing it onto the screen, 1 speed, on or off.

probably wont even run a tap, unless it gets too hot, but without the fan on, i doubt it. either way that wont be hard to sort out, there are lots of cars that just have in line taps that i could add later if needed.

seems like the simplest way to me, to reduce the under dash bulk, yet still have a set up thats neat, and actually works.

car looks great man.. jealous of those struts..
09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Aussie ae86 rally car
wow great build!

question: what material is that on your dash? i've been looking everywhere for this material. do you place it over the original dash or do you have to remove the vinyl and foam bits?
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Aussie ae86 rally car
Dimitri Wrote:my idea for the demister, im just going to get a custom core made, hooked up with both lines coming in through the one hole (i run my engine loom in through the other) and then just some custom ducting to the standard under dash air channeling, but try to position the core so its a relatively simple shape.

with just a small thermo fan on the under side, sucking ambeint air out of the cabin and blowing it onto the screen, 1 speed, on or off.

probably wont even run a tap, unless it gets too hot, but without the fan on, i doubt it. either way that wont be hard to sort out, there are lots of cars that just have in line taps that i could add later if needed.

seems like the simplest way to me, to reduce the under dash bulk, yet still have a set up thats neat, and actually works.

car looks great man.. jealous of those struts..

Sup dimitri Smile That idea sounds bloody good. If you can get it working like that id be very interested to brainstorm off it (read: copy Wink) at the moment its still running all the normal fan, mounted in a bastard of a spot...and it kinda looks crap too...im wondering how to put the glove box back in to cover it up!

As for the dash covering. I personally didnt do it, my friend did, but when i watched him do it it was just simply sheets of thin Velour, the dash was prepsol'd to get all the muck off then just a spray glue was put on (3M make it) obviously you have to trim it all before you glue it, but its not as hard as you think..The vinyl is still underneath. Smile
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Aussie ae86 rally car

first event is this saturday...its about 995 finished, needs passenger footrest and stickers etc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nzae86's AE86 Levin Tarmac rally car build Project 1 nzae86 30 53,304 04-30-2013 07:28 AM
Last Post: nzae86
  Spanish Corolla AE86 Rally car On board leckter 5 8,064 07-30-2011 05:14 PM
Last Post: leckter
  Spanish tarmac Rally Car leckter 4 6,704 06-18-2011 02:59 PM
Last Post: leckter
  Road Rally AE86 Garth 1 3,717 08-11-2009 12:14 AM
Last Post: Garth
  Road Rally AE86 Garth 3 4,823 06-20-2007 11:43 PM
Last Post: Garth