what do you use like suspensions ?
10-01-2006, 03:33 PM
thank you ! Does anyone know the part number of the bilstein for AE86 front and rear, I can perhaps have a good price Smile
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Interesting, I drove Toypowers car today, no idea what he's suspention is (he don't know either). He imported his car from Japan where it was used for drifting. He has a very still rear suspention and relative soft front suspention and that things rear is loose.

I didn't play with it since I don't like playing with other peoples car but if you're going for a drift only car, I suggest for fun trying to go the other way around, put some stiff springs on the rear and something idioticly soft on the front, I think the car will go nuts Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Guys this is a great topc! I am in consideration what to do with my suspension and this realy helped me a lot. Great job!

I was talking to Zax the other day and said that I was going to buy this shocks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-GR-2-...9691QQrdZ1

But he said that if I am going to rebuilt and tune my suspension, why not do it right. Put Koni AE92 front with coilovers and Koni AE86 back with custom made springs... Going to do that in spring... I'll post some pics on of my work, try to contribute this topic Cool
Go on!! This is great stuff

2 Mux213 great info! Thumbs up! Also, this would be good to put in sticky...

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
mrgud,

Sounds like a very good plan. some day we need to figure out what sorta info spring makers need to make springs and post some info for most common springs that don't overly lower the car or something.. much more cost effective....

As for making this a sticky, I think I'll put a link to this thread in the technical FAQ, problem we have with the technical forum is that we get to many stickies to easily so we try to grab everything within the technical FAQ

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-14-2006, 01:58 AM
i'm just wondering, when do you have to extend the panhard rod (after how much lowering). And since ae has a solid rear axle, lowering the car messes up the geometry of rear suspension big time doesnt it? i mean you put rca's up front, but what about rear? And is there a danger that the rear axle might crash into the chassis if lowered too much?
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi

I want to change suspension in my ae86. I want to use my car to street racing & track day.

I have some parts:
- no name coilovers (i think it is sachs)
- tein camberplates
- front springs - Tanabe PRO210 60mm/6kg/170mm & helper springs 60/60mm
- front & rear shocks - Bilstein HD

I'm going to buy
- rear springs - TRD 5,1kg or 4,7kg
- D*Garage RCA
- T3 panhard

Do I need something more to complete the suspension? Are my shocks suitable? Please help Smile
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't know those shocks... Bilstein is normally hiQ stuff, though. IMO you need bushings. Other than that it will be a pretty nice setup Thumbs up!

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what do you use like suspensions ?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
thanks Smile I have already installed Prothane kit. I'm wondering how much can i lower front of the car... 30mm?
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM
hey..how to identify trd shocks if its a short stroke or long stroke? i noticed there's blue,green and yellow. so which is which? thanks!
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
TRD shocks are all intended for use with shortstroke shocks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which threadsize to use for the vdo oil temp sensor? ditn 8 10,302 03-15-2012 01:56 AM
Last Post: Project D
  why do you use "roll center ajuster"? leckter 15 16,860 02-07-2012 07:04 PM
Last Post: Bean
  What's the LSD oil I should use? heshan 5 5,825 07-25-2011 08:13 PM
Last Post: heshan
  Has anyone used an aftermarket coil like MSD blaster? JDMitch 6 8,149 09-06-2010 06:14 PM
Last Post: Red
  Use LocTite on Bolts ????? juantonwan 2 3,540 05-22-2010 05:30 PM
Last Post: Eric