Scottish Trueno rebuild - Nürburgring with pics!
04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
bit more done on it. not long till MOT. fitted the discs and pads. Pads strangly enough didn't fit on the piston side of the carrier due to the lip, so that had to be smoothed off to get them to fit! Rea bumper back on. this will get painted along with the front bumper after Germany and once I get a splitter. Waterproofed the doors as the plastic cover between the door and door card turned to dust, this gave me an excuse to get the TigerSeal out.

Got the driver side bucket fitted. Driftworks seat rails are a pain in the arse to fit, plus it turns out i have the GT seat so means they are slightly larger but after several attempts the driver side is in. I think ill swap it out after Nurburgring as its pretty full on but it is super comfy to sit in! took the car for a cheeky drive which is an experience with no windows. car drives nice and goes through the gears well. just have to sort out idle issue on cold as it hunts like a M***** F*****

Only dash to go in and heater motor. windows going back in on the weekend and the onto MOT!!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!]
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Must be so weird to drive with out windows or dash hahaha good update so far bud

Signature removed due to large photobucket message
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2017, 01:17 PM
You dont approve the DW seat rails? Wanted to get some, with my P1 Buddy Club seat.....

Need feedback!
04-12-2017, 03:36 PM
(04-12-2017 01:17 PM)pack Wrote:  You dont approve the DW seat rails? Wanted to get some, with my P1 Buddy Club seat.....

Need feedback!

No I do approve of them. They are £150 with option for free shipping which is rare. So price wise is pretty good considering used bride rail goes for £90-120 without postage. As I found out my sets are GT size so slightly larger base even over XL. My guess is if you have a normal size seat on an XL or GT it would prob just drop right in. But saying that, my friend that told me the tip for fitting has them in his S15 and found the same issue and he is a bean poll at 30" waist. Suppose it's like anything else aftermarket, it doesn't always fit and does say on the website that modification might be needed for bigger seats. Down side to the rails is that the seat adjustment back and forth is stiff, but I'm sure I know why, plus being new doesn't help.

They even come with the seat bolt fittings which I didn't know and would have saved me £10 on getting new ones from demon tweeks.

My next port of call is to get Cobra side mount and use them instead of the ones that come with the DW rails. Bang for buck they are good
04-12-2017, 04:31 PM
just a question, but you were struggling to fit the seats in the rails, why not swap it over? like so

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Scottish Trueno rebuild - N...with pics!]

04-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Yes was struggling to get the seat in between the rails. Reason I didn't go for a set up like this is because I needed the seat to sit lower so I could get under the steering wheel. With a set up like this it would restrict the height in which I can put the seat. Plus that's a custom set up and would have me sitting higher up than the recaro seats that where previously in.
04-13-2017, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 08:24 AM by MIGGZFSU.)
(04-12-2017 05:33 PM)kazi Wrote:  Yes was struggling to get the seat in between the rails. Reason I didn't go for a set up like this is because I needed the seat to sit lower so I could get under the steering wheel. With a set up like this it would restrict the height in which I can put the seat. Plus that's a custom set up and would have me sitting higher up than the recaro seats that where previously in.
I get that bud but I'm talking about the mounting points that connect to the seat the brackets you have yours facing outwards where I have mine facing inwards. I'll draw a picture now

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Like that is what I'm saying

04-13-2017, 11:06 AM
yes but even that set up still means the seat hight cannot be adjusted. by turning it around the seat will fit between the side mount but it then ends up sitting on the base of the side mount and cannot be adjusted, defeating the whole point in a side mount rail.

I've done this very crude drawing to explain.

04-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Aaaaah OK now I understand fully

04-14-2017, 12:44 PM
I think I'm going to have the same problem Kaz, 6'2 and a Sparco Evo II seat.

I would suggest removing the floor mounts + raised sections all together and using a rally mount kit like they do in stage cars.
That's also a little extreme.

I've got the T3 floor braces to go in mine so I don't necessarily want to be doing that as well Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patrick's rebuild topic PatrickAE86 13 18,149 11-22-2017 05:49 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  DidiDex 1984 Levin coupe rebuild DidiDex 1 4,928 08-13-2015 03:22 PM
Last Post: DidiDex
  Ae86 from Poland. Complete body rebuild Doktor 9 13,214 09-07-2013 11:07 PM
Last Post: Doktor
  my slowly 1983 AE86 drift rebuild/ 1979 KE35 recovery fax0815 68 103,246 11-12-2012 12:02 AM
Last Post: fax0815
  86er's Track rebuild N2.??? Finally an update page 8 86er 191 244,353 03-25-2012 10:05 AM
Last Post: bozu