The Virtue Z
04-11-2010, 08:23 AM
The Virtue Z
Ok so here it is on the car. I wanted to see it on the car, and really dont have room for it in my office anymore!
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - The Virtue Z]
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
The Virtue Z
Thumbs up!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
The Virtue Z
Touge86 Wrote:^Thanks!
Well I was talking to a friend on my way home today and kinda got excited to do some work on my car. The only issue was getting done before the sun went away. Anyway, I got home and found something horrible, my hood had tipped over onto my passenger fender flare and cracked the flare! I definitely don't think I'm ready for kids as they say this is the daily chaos you deal with.

Well - heres what you can do about this Flare:

get your self Epoxyd resin - but get Epoxyd not Polister one. Mix it up like for normal use - when get a medical syringe - prefarible 20ml one (bigger) and the biggest needle to go on it. Fill it up with epoxyd - and squize everything in the cracked place. It will be hard to do so - cuz of the epoxyd beeing thick. You will see how this crack will be filled up with the epoxyd and it will disapear. Let it dry - and then sand the overruns that will go outside of the crack with some 1200wet grit, later with 1500, and finish it off with the 2000. After this - some polishing - and it will be set Big Grin

I fixed the same way LOTS of CF parts - hoods / flares / spoilers Smile Its not soo hard - and it will save you a lot of $ Smile

Ex-owner of JDM 83' Trueno Coupe
DCw Classic, classic cars restoration,
JDM wheels & parts import, sales.

http://www.facebook.com/DogCustomWorks
+37067170000
04-15-2010, 05:10 AM
The Virtue Z
^thanks! I will have to do it!
04-16-2010, 04:58 AM
The Virtue Z
Guess what? I put the Oil Pan on today! And aside from a bolt hole or two, it fit perfect. Not bad for a custom pan made by a guy that doesnt even have the same motor! It was hard because he used a different set of holes than the ones the original pan used. Next question, why would that motor have two sets of OEM oil pan holes? Very strange indeed. Probably because they use that block with a few different cars?

BIG THANKS TO MICAH FOR GETTING THAT WRETCHED STOCK PAN OFF!
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
The Virtue Z
Touge86 Wrote:Thanks, you might not like this Wink
Ok I know it's not the classiest thing, but I started this a bit ago and need to finish it. I really dont care how classy people think it is since you only see it when the hood is open. There will be some other stuff above it as you probably guessed.

actually i don't really like this paint, but i really respect you got your own style! it's good you do what you like with the car. nice to have a own style

http://bruutt.blogspot.nl/
Projects: Lancer evo 4 rs, ae86 drifter, carina ta60 4a-ge & ae82gt twin cam..
08-24-2010, 11:15 PM
The Virtue Z

08-29-2010, 05:20 AM
The Virtue Z
So Today I thought I would just get the motor officially mounted, bolted in etc.

I keep messing with it a couple of mins at a time but I havent had anyone to help me with placement etc so I have just been putting it off.

I figured I could probably mount it if I just got patient so I did.

It took forever rocking the trans and motor moving it up, down, teetering it, pushing it back, and overall shoehorning it into the car.

Finally I got the motor mounts all lined up and in but then came the problem, The trans MOUNT IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE! I am pretty sure that Jason had a 73, and the mounts change between 70-72 and the 73+. So I guess It's time for another call to Mckinney to see if they ll break up a mount kit and sell me the Trans mount alone?

To Give you an idea, Here is as high up as the mount can go with both bolts threaded in maybe two turns?

Left:
Right:

I know the first thing anyone will say is, "Just drill it out," but the shape of this thing will not permit for a modification.

Here is my next worry, Not sure if the motor should tilt that much? The trans seems level though as does the shifter mount, so maybe it's fine?

It is nice that I could get the hood on though again and it all seals right up!

08-29-2010, 09:31 AM
The Virtue Z
wow, massive amount of work! Thumbs up!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2010, 11:06 AM
The Virtue Z
It's supposed be tilted like that, look at a this Skyline engine bay:

Great Job!

But why not use a Supra engine, it has the turbo's on the other side, seems like alot less hassle to me?
Or do you want to keep things Nissan/Datsun related?