The Virtue Z
01-05-2010, 03:30 AM
The Virtue Z
Recently I sold the STI. Not that I didn't love it, just wanted to eliminate the payment. Anyways along the way I had a guy try to trade me a 77 celica w/ f22c swap and a ton of goodies, for the car plus cash (obviously). I did everything that I could to come up with the cash to buy his car (you can't loan out for a 77 celica), but once I worked my pants off to get the money together, it turned out that he couldn't get financed on even half of what I was asking! I was really ticked as I really wanted the updated classic car, even if it had a few flaws. Anyways this all inspired me. You see his car was supposedly known as "el diablo" basically a super bad a mother sucker. A car unlike any other on the planet. Well I feel the sudden urge to one up him, so I am now going to build a 72 240z and update it as well, but better. I am not only doing this to one up him, I really want an updated classic, and the 240z is one of my favorites. So presenting the beginning of a beautiful relationship:

The Virtue:
1972 240z
All original with a few upgrades
71k original miles
New Paint

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - The Virtue Z]

Just to begin, I am ordering the new heart: RB26

I know this is kind of childish, but I gotta spend that money I saved up!

Here is a pic of "El Diablo"
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2010, 08:41 AM
The Virtue Z
Nice Z! Infinately cooler then then the celica.

Do you know about the hybridZ forums? Very knowledgable people over there, so worth making a visit.

Why not a LSx engine? I've always loved the "scarab" tradition with 240Z. To try and recreate the 240Zs that were built to beat the Porsches on Mulholland driveSmile

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
The Virtue Z
^i am actually a member on hybridz as well! Very fun car, lots of support!

I ordered this kit today:

but I am doing the carbon fiber fenders and the carbon fiber BRE wing in back. It wasnt much more to upgrade from the fiberglass.
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
The Virtue Z
Respect! Respect! Respect!

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
01-08-2010, 05:29 AM
The Virtue Z
^haha thanks. I am just waiting for stuff to show up now! I hate working with shipping companies etc!
01-09-2010, 02:45 PM
The Virtue Z
Wow!!

Incredible, that is the one car I was thinking of building after I finish the Impreza!!

Upgrade it too, put a Supra 2JZ-GTE engine and drivetrain in it, upgrade suspension and brakes, fit a cage for structural ridgity and safety, etc.

Fabulous car m8!!! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
The Virtue Z
Argh... Z is way to cool !!! I would choose Z than Celica Smile

Thumbs up! Respect! Respect!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
The Virtue Z
I'm sure you've heard of these guys already http://www.rockyauto.co.jp/
I visited their place a couple of times while in Okazaki and I shit myself every single time I saw their RB cars in flesh. Can't wait to see your swap mate, good luck.

86ers.org
AE86 x GXE10
01-10-2010, 12:46 PM
The Virtue Z
WOW!
I love it! 240z's are the best! classic, fantastic design, all pearts are still new for sale, good luck with it!
01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
The Virtue Z
Nice car ! Zeto one of the best !!

Yours looks clean Smile

1982 Toyota Corolla KE70
1992 Subaru Legacy BF5T