The Virtue Z
01-31-2010, 02:34 AM
The Virtue Z
ahh I have to stop looking at your thread - makes me so jealous - especialy because I let the occasion I had to buy a 240Z slip by due to having no space to store it. Crying

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
The Virtue Z
loving the car. Loving you engine. I'll see if I can make some scans of a book I bought in Japan with some nice Z's in it with rb25 and 26 on itb's Smile

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
The Virtue Z
^Nice, I would love to see it!

As we all know, or maybe not? The RB26 Oil pan was made with AWD in mind. It even has the hub for the front axle in the pan. So I needed a pan that would be a rear sump clearing the cross member, while allowing the motor to function correctly. At first I thought of doing an RB20 pan or something along those lines, but I found a guy named Pat on Hybridz and he made me a pan from scratch! Customized to my exact specifications!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - The Virtue Z]

Pick up fitment

A little more construction

Baffles and windage tray

And all finished

Big thanks to Pat1 on Hybridz, This really saved the day!
02-10-2010, 02:07 AM
The Virtue Z
ok well I just man'd up and started cutting. I was a little apprehensive, but I think it cut out just fine. Also it doesn't have to be perfect as the actual line is formed by the fender flare not the grinder cut. I just used a wheel cutter? I call it a grinding wheel. Anyways, I mounted the wing, cut the front two fenders, and am taking a break while the etching primer dries before I rivet on the flares.

02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
The Virtue Z
such beautiful cars. Yummie!

02-13-2010, 10:26 PM
The Virtue Z
OMGGGG

My dream car!!! (after the 86 Tongue )

Good luck with it!

So far, so good Thumbs up!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2010, 03:54 AM
The Virtue Z
^Thanks!
Well I was talking to a friend on my way home today and kinda got excited to do some work on my car. The only issue was getting done before the sun went away. Anyway, I got home and found something horrible, my hood had tipped over onto my passenger fender flare and cracked the flare! I definitely don't think I'm ready for kids as they say this is the daily chaos you deal with.

I suppose it's not horrible, but to me it is. I will probably wait till i finish the car and get the body painted before I replace that fender.

Anyways, after crying for about 10 minutes over the fender it was time to work. I scrubbed, sanded, and primered the engine bay. Now this weekend, or maybe as early as wednesday, I can finally spray the engine bay and get ready for the motor to go in! This is my 3rd engine bay to paint, so I basically taped and went to work! Looks to have applied very evenly so I hope the paint does the same!

I am pretty happy with the result so far. It is nice because with an engine bay most of it isn't even visible, but I am still pretty picky about stuff like this. If the orginal car color wasnt silver, I would pull the fenders and paint in behind them as well, but it is already silver/ metalic so I wont hassle with it.
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
The Virtue Z
Touge86 Wrote:All of the body parts came today!!!! Finally! So Saturday I will pull the motor and cut the fenders up so that it will be ready to paint next week.

NICE!!! Love the classic Z with carbon accents Thumbs up!

RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式
03-17-2010, 02:50 AM
The Virtue Z
Ok, Sprayed it! no runs, no bubbles, seems to look really good! (which doesn't even matter, its an engine bay! I think that the color is perfect and will be perfect for the exterior as well. I just wanted the bay to match before I pulled the motor. This means the next thing to do is mount the motor up! Maybe even Saturday could be that day?

03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
The Virtue Z
Thumbs up! look good

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver