1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mine]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Mine
The whole of the o/s/r wheel arch was peppered with holes, rather than covering it with a plate i replaced the lot back to good metal.

Not the nestest of welds around the suspension mounting plate but its welded on top and underneath so the mot tester can't complain

Find all posts by this user
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Mine
Ooh..that bit is really crusty on mine too. Since you probably got a better look at it: is there any chance that that panel could be taken out completely to replace it with a new one? Was thinking of buying some so I dont have to bother with difficult repair sections.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Mine
massive respect!

great work m8

Philip
04-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Mine
Ivan141 Wrote:Ooh..that bit is really crusty on mine too. Since you probably got a better look at it: is there any chance that that panel could be taken out completely to replace it with a new one? Was thinking of buying some so I dont have to bother with difficult repair sections.

I'll have a closer look tomorrow to see what would be invloved, i have a funny feeling you'd have to remove the section across the floor which runs up the side of the arch. That would make it a huge job. Confused

Building an AE86 from a pile of rust!

Here she is !
04-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Mine
Ivan141 Wrote:Ooh..that bit is really crusty on mine too. Since you probably got a better look at it: is there any chance that that panel could be taken out completely to replace it with a new one? Was thinking of buying some so I dont have to bother with difficult repair sections.

Had a closer look today, the simple answer would be no, do the repairs, that panel goes all the way down to the sill and floor pan Huh

Here she is !
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Mine
I believe our friend dodo from croatia once replaced that panel, I'll see if I can get some better pics of that. Those panels have rotted where they meet the floorpan on mine, so the best thing to do would be to take them out so the floorpan can be restored nicely.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Mine
Well guys i'm back, what with one thing and another i've been busy as hell, but not with the hachi... Angry

But, after a lot of thinking i have decided to sell my yellow shell Huh

Yeah, i know i've spent some time and money on it BUT! I've found another shell to replace it which is in a lot better condition!

So, when it arrives i will get some more pictures up of it and keep updates coming, in the mean time i've been doing the boring bits which take for every like cleaning parts, painting bits and bobs, checking parts over for wear and tear.

The first plan is to seam weld the new shell, i've got a week off in June so i intend to use the time to make a weld in roll cage Thumbs up! the pipe bender will be here next week and the steel should arrive by the beginning of the next.

Hope you've all been well and i'll get some pictures posted asap

Cheers

Sweeps

Here she is !
05-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Mine
Huh? Huh
Who are you going to sell the sell to then? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
05-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Mine
banpei Wrote:Huh? Huh
Who are you going to sell the sell to then? Dumb question

I put it on Ebay and a rally driver who lives in Londaon is coming to pick it up in a few weeks.

I think (i hate to say this) he's going to cut it up for spare panels Sad But i'm going to ask him nicely for the registation number due to it starting A86

Here she is !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mine AE86 from up norht corolla4agze 19 25,143 10-24-2012 10:24 AM
Last Post: corolla4agze