Hachi as daily driver
10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Hachi as daily driver
£3k is quite a good price generally depending on the state of the car. If you happen to find one for less though, usually it would be either rusty or need a bit of work.
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Hachi as daily driver
what about tuning parts? is it generally order from japan?
10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Hachi as daily driver
Not always. You will find that tuning parts can be found from quite a lot of places. Fensport being a prime example for the UK (a little on the expenseive side though) Check the shop links thread.
11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Hachi as daily driver
lol you guys dont know how good you have it. Smile

The Hachi is going to be cheaper to insure, cheaper to run on petrol, cheaper to fix as parts are worth pennies and plentiful, even cheaper if you can do you own work, than alot of other cars out there. Especially a SX!

Eats tires? Well yes if drive everywhere sides ways! Smile

Poor fuel cosumption? Dont thrash it then! Smile

You guys try running an SW20 MR2 then tell me about the Hachi running costs being bad. Sky high insurance, drinks petrol like its going out of fashion, eats tires with ease, chews up brakes and every part no matter how insignificant is a mare to fit and costs a bomb to buy. Plus its choppy to drive over un even roads, and has a heavy clutch! Tongue

At the end of the day though who buys a Hachi for sensible driving? Cool So dosnt matter how thirsty it might be, when you get your clog down and get the car zipping along its all worth it. Thumbs up!

Cheers

James
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Hachi as daily driver
i've been using my hachi for work and daily driving........the car is low, loud, caged etc, it must look funny with me in a suit, shirt and tie driving it along !

At least it makes the drive to and from work, very exciting.

I even came across a brand new M5 (the 500ps) and he werent happy when i was sticking with him as he was blasting through traffic, i got the dirtiest look off him when i pulled alongside ! ahahahah

was very funny
11-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Hachi as daily driver
cookwibble Wrote:a stage 1 1995 200sx s14

Knudsen Wrote:I dont get much more than 24 MPG and some say that i drive like a old lady...
x2. Not that I have an S14, and the S14A I trid to buy was horrendously exensive cuz of insurance, but it's a very nice car, just no space in the teeny-tiny boot

(Yes, I'm drunk. I get drunk once evry 6 months, deal with it.)

Peugeot 206 1.6 XT - 09/2003
Toyota Corolla GT Coupé - 09/1984
Yonzie - 09/1980
11-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Hachi as daily driver
Yonzie Wrote:(Yes, I'm drunk. I get drunk once evry 6 months, deal with it.)
LOL! Big Grin
Don't drunk & post: you might read it the next day. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hachi as daily driver]
11-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Hachi as daily driver
my experience so far with my ae86 is...

Beautiful handling.. mine really makes me feel like I'm in a race car on a video game.

Pretty good power, my SR5 4AC is rated at 70hp but power to weight ratio helps alot. I havent gone past 65mph but I can feel that it can go over 100 no problem. My car had vacume lines all in incorrect locations, carb needs rebuild, emissions messed up, ect. still got close to 15mpg. To me gas milage depends on the driver (with manual tranny mostly). My 1986 CRX DX was said to get 30-35mpg in the books but i managed 46mpg on a 400 mile round trip.

Back seat.... well I've owned 14 cars... most being coupes as this one has plenty of space behind the back seat for legroom. I'm over 6' tall and with my seat in its correct position i can still sit directly behind the drivers seat without major complaints.

Cargo space= Awsome, ofcourse its a hatch, most hatchbacks do have plenty of space.

Drivers seats... I wouldnt know mine came with MR2 (1stgen) seats which are awsome I love them.

Road noise. Mine has alot, rear end makes a whining noise, possibly driveshaft or bearings. Springs squeak, engine is average. I've got a noise one lol..... Parts in USA getting more rare but searching yields cheap parts, I paid 12 bucks for a complete dash/bezel/switches/ac vents/clock, 5 bucks center consol, 2 bucks headliner and misc peices. They have a sale at my junkyard on Jan 1, complete engine for 50 bucks.. im gonna get the 4ac from it on that date lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust for the daily driver dinkers542 16 15,094 12-04-2014 11:10 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Tyres to suit new 14" wheels on a daily Jezza_hr 4 5,034 11-04-2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: Spitfire