Fuel pressure regulator?
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
Injector trouble is difficult to diagnose correctly. Have you tried looking at the colour of the sparkplugs? If one cylinder is getting different mixtures then the others then you should see some slight differences in colour.
What do you mean by pressure difference? Which test did you do? Pressure is usually an o-ring problem. Easy to visually inspect and replace once yiu have them out.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
basically what the mechanic did was to get the injectors to pump the petrol after taking them off the rail and when visually inspected and said that he noticed one guy being slower than the other 3.

what do u think? Do you think replacing the full injector would be a waste even though I visually saw quite a bit of ware on the outside?

Cheated on my いたずらな女の子 and now I can't get enough of her..
05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Fuel pressure regulator?]

above(far left) is a TOM'S adjustable fuel pressure regulator. To set it, and monitor it, I have fuel pressure monitoring on my ECU. The sensor is in the rail next to the pulsation damper (right-center of pic)

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Fuel pressure regulator?
@ Heshan: if your mechanic did a flow test and one injector differed significantly then its your best bet to replace it. You could try having it cleaned ultrasonically, but not sure if that is worth the trouble/cost. I still have a hunch that all it means is that they leave the injectors in an ultrasonic bath for some time. These baths have become very cheap recently and might be of interest to you. The middle sized ones are great for cleaning fine mechanical parts like fuel rail, carbs, etc.

05-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Fuel pressure regulator?
I believe an injector refurb includes not only ultrasonic cleaning of the nozzle, but also the replacement of all seals and the filter. Might just be a clogged filter (there is actually a fine mesh filter in there if I'm not mistaken).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
Thanks NoHachi, Ivan and Oldeskewl!

Lets say that I AM to replace my injectors? what are the best replacements for this? Where can i get the OEM unused ones for me? I think it'll be cheaper in a country like mine to get brand new ones.

Any ideas guys?

@Oldeskew: your engine looks a very clean and well maintained one.. Smile Where can I get the regulator? any cheap ones for around 100 USD in UK or France?

05-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
Remember that you not only need the regulator, bus also a reliable fuel pressure sensor to set the regulator. Stock regulators come preset for the ideal 4age injector pressure.

Ivan here recommends you to ask around on the forums for stock secondhand injectors. Lots of people running high power have switched and have them lying around. Buying new injectors is an expensive hobby..they cost almost as much as a refurbed engine.

05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?
Thanks guys. This is very much appreciated..

Currently I'm having engine problems with a lot misses so I'm hoping to cover all bases b4 I bring the engine back to life.

Thanks again guys.. really appreciate your help on this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Build your own adjustable fuel pressure regulator ;) oldeskewltoy 8 19,567 08-19-2018 12:08 PM
Last Post: AlexKTM
  4AGE Fuel Regulator Alex170984 6 9,293 02-24-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Oil Pressure Query Alex170984 2 4,708 12-11-2014 01:25 AM
Last Post: Alex170984
  Pressure gathering in fuel tank Apolan 9 13,878 05-18-2014 06:18 AM
Last Post: chenfon
  oil pressure high kawo 17 18,939 09-29-2013 12:06 PM
Last Post: allencr