Finish Exhaust Martelius
04-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
Bean Bandit Wrote:
Sidorifto Wrote:
dazed_driver Wrote:BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

I know... I know....

HOWEVER, I only do it for good reasons Big Grin

Has anyone purchased and used this header yet? Maybe dyno'd it? I'm not too interested in HP figures, jus torque and drivability. Unless the HP completely tanks.

Anyone?

I have it on mine 20v.
if you are using your car as a daily, it's not the best header for you.
At low revs the torque figure is terrible, but the power on high revs is impressive. It has different heat coating nowdays, it is now some black coating.
The manager of Martelius told this to me when i bought the header and recommended this for daily drivers. http://www.martelius.com/index.php?modul...ct=490020C

did the manager of Martelius tell you upto what powerlevel the street header version will be good to? I considered this for quite a while but am woried that it'll kill my topend (will put out some 180hp +/-20) due to the "small" 50mm diameter ending.

@fax: please keep us/me posted on this Smile what are your power/torque relevant modifications?

Will do, nothing majour at the moment, oversized pistons, c/r higher, headwork, cold air intake, lightened front pulley/ flywheel, full exhaust diy system.

My current exhaust is horrible, thats why I´m changing it first, later on cams and itbs are planned.

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
No, I'm interested in it for my rally car.

The 50mm output is just for the street header, right?

Wow, I could have sworn I had an account here... I guess I'm the new guy Sad
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
dazed_driver Wrote:No, I'm interested in it for my rally car.

The 50mm output is just for the street header, right?

Yes, the R1 I think is 2.5" and most probably will work very well on your rally car.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
Group buy ? Smile
04-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
Bean... I'm planting 145 @ the wheels(165-170 crank) and I'm doing ok with the KBD's 38mm primaries.

If you are really worried about the header... get the K1, it is VERY nice Thumbs up! I've seen and touched one, and can tell you the build quality is there.

OR for the same kind of $$($1500) you can get a decent custom made one I'm sure. Evil

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
oldeskewltoy Wrote:Bean... I'm planting 145 @ the wheels(165-170 crank) and I'm doing ok with the KBD's 38mm primaries.

If you are really worried about the header... get the K1, it is VERY nice Thumbs up! I've seen and touched one, and can tell you the build quality is there.

OR for the same kind of $$($1500) you can get a decent custom made one I'm sure. Evil

To be honest even if the K1 is a s good as everyone says I'd never buy it as for me it's overpriced. I'd rather go custom. Anyway as I can't reasonably ship a part that big it's off the table until 2013 anyway.

AE86 ex-daily
04-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
http://www.200sx.lv/forum/download.php?id=9049

BT20v + MegaSquirt3 + cams + full 2.5 inch martelius exhaust
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
Any comparison in place between OEM exhaust system and Martelius street exhaust system i am not looking for heavily modification but just wondering what i get from purchasing the street system that includes the street headers.
My OEM headers are ok so the section to CAT but i would like to replace the catback part looked also for janspeed also other systems but martelius street seems best at the price and i don't doubt the quality as well.
Normally i propably would buy some quality exhaust like fujitsubo but the price for the catback + shipping and tax would propably kill me.

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
09-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
hello,

I have the street header and the catback.

I can not tell you if i gain something. it is so "subjectif". i did not dyno my stock engine.

I have to dyno it when my i will rebuilt my engine. because my engine uses to much oil!

my set up is 264° hks cam wiht toda pulleys

lightened flywheel.

I do not regret to take that because i wanted a lhd affordable and good quality.

Plus,he gives me good advice concerning my set up and what i intend to do n future.

Tre street header is a good set up for approximately 170 hp.

beyond that it will restrict the gas flow or something like that.

I am satisfied

my toyota is fantastic
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Finish Exhaust Martelius
Thanks makkuro well i have completely stock engine but planning only slight modification the car use is only for street. I am not planning any big power gain only better torque. I like to enjoy mountain road driving. Not very fond of race tracks and time competitions.

Cau you also tell me how loud is this exhaust ? I only looked on youtube for fujitsubo legalis and hks street legal and also janspeed. Can you give me some advice how is it loud compared to the others ? Wave thanks

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me to finish!!! Allexz 9 7,127 02-10-2008 05:26 AM
Last Post: parrot