Help me to finish!!!
02-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Help me to finish!!!
It is an SR5 conversion

I have ae92 engine bigtop. ae86 85- harness (engine) ae86 gt analog cluster. PS pump. and fuel pump. Help what do i need more?
im gonna buy the alternator bracket, waterpump lines and a bobine.

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Help me to finish!!!
We have a checklist in the how-to written by Assassin10000:
http://www.aeu86.org/index/engine-ae86-s...post=72098

So I think you need atleast these parts: the 4AGE bellhousing, flywheel+clutch, fuel and brakelines, handbrake cable...

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help me to finish!!!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Help me to finish!!!
If you haven't already done so, you need to think about wiring in the fuel injector power from the ignition. On a RHD car this circuit is via the EFI No. 2 relay and is switched from the ignition.

Have a look at the manuals in the tech docs including the USDM EWD's plus to simplify things, the wiring diagrams in the EFI diagnosis manuals.

I have done this years ago into an ADM SR5 spec loom, but the USDM loom is quite different in many respects I gather. However I should imagine the basic are similiar.

Also bear in mind if you use the SR5 dash loom and headlight/charge loom you will not incorporate any of the idle up circuit which whilst not strictly necessary, can make the car less enjoyable in traffic. If you can source the GTS looms, I suspect it would make things much simpler and give you a better outcome. From memory you are using a map sensed engine loom?

To summarise, the car has 4 looms

1. Engine loom to ECU (2 plugs)
2. Under dash loom with the other ECU plug, in cabin junction boxes x 2 etc, idle up diodes, circuit open relay.
3. headlight/indicator/charge loom inc engine bay junction box
4. tail light/fuel pump/fuel guage sunroof etc to rear of car

You have 1. 2 & 3 make the job easier and give a much better result (commonly seen on US ebay). 4 is not necessary as essentially you just add in one wire for the fuel pump.

Less commonly JDM dash & charge looms come up on ebay, but then you also need to factor in the LHD/RHD issue.

In JDM/EU form, there are lots of differences between a 4AGE vs 4AC loom.

I suspect you will be better off sourcing US GTS items.

Having done it both ways, I highly recommend using full GTS spec looms
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Help me to finish!!!
no one that has the dash loom and head light styff?

Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
02-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Help me to finish!!!
Sorry, for some reason I thought you were in the US, I think I see you on club4ag. If you have a euro engine loom, source the dash and engine bay looms from the UK or Japan (US ebay has them on occasion).

If you can't locate them, use the EFI diagnosis manual in the tech docs to show you the wiring you need to make up. It has a simplified loom for left and right hand drive. At least it is easier to follow.
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Help me to finish!!!
what is it i need to change then? what is it that the engine bay and dash loom from the sr5 to not work?

Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Help me to finish!!!
Power to injectors via EFI relay No. 2
Fuel circuit relay inc power to fuel pump
idle up diodes
speed sensor to ECU

The first two are obviously necessary to run, the last two make it run better i.e. nicer to drive.

There are other minor differences.
02-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Help me to finish!!!
where is this efi relay located?
Do i really need to change the dash harness to gt model? cant i rewire? if it is possible please let me know what to do. what i need to change.

any pic of that relay??

Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
02-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Help me to finish!!!
http://www.aeu86.org/index/technical-ae8...topic=5158

Go here. Download and look thru the diagnosis manual and the EWD book relevant to you. Everything is in there, including location of relays, junction boxes and so on for left and right hand drive cars

As above, you can get by as lots of people have by just doing:

Power to injectors via EFI relay No. 2
Fuel circuit relay inc power to fuel pump

You will just need to raise your idle to cope with the times you have your headlights, heater , demister etc on. This is what the idle up circuit usually does.

But if you can get them, the other looms are well worth it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Exhaust Martelius Eircamae86 48 53,787 07-22-2013 04:09 PM
Last Post: Bean