AE80 discussion
02-15-2007, 08:20 PM
AE80 discussion
Yeah, you are right. but I cant afford an AE86 so I have to be content with what I have. I like mid 1980's corollas, My silvia is great fun, nothing like a little boost tweeking to get a smile going, it looks like a Trueno and has been mistaken for one a few times. However its not a trueno, not even a toyota. The thing is, there are a few people out there who like corollas (86 is the holy grail to us lower mortals) for different reasons, but if we can grab some of that 'rolla sprit I think we should try.

Sure it wont be an 86, but with a 4age burbling under the bonnet a modded ae80 could maybe give a taste?

People like the 86 for different reasons, if its a pure technical reason (chassis, suspension, ect) then great! me? I like them for different reasons

OK I am ready for your flames... Confused

still no 86
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
AE80 discussion
Our flames ?
(weld rear doors,) put sport seats + good aero pack on AE80, fine rims+tires and enjoy :-) Yes, it can take 4AG(X)E Evil
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2007, 08:33 PM
AE80 discussion
jamiemirror Wrote:Our flames ?
(weld rear doors,) put sport seats + good aero pack on AE80, fine rims+tires and enjoy :-) Yes, it can take 4AG(X)E Evil

See??? THIS is why I love this forum!!! Big Grin

Ta Jamie :wink:

still no 86
02-15-2007, 09:00 PM
AE80 discussion
Cant you afford one of the hachi's for sale on mainland europe?
The french levin had your name written all over it if you ask me..and there's a nicely modded and clean levin coupe for sale in the netherlands at the moment.
If you can afford to buy an ae80 and stick a 4age in it AND make it handle properly....then you can afford an ae86 too.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
AE80 discussion
indeed. Youre just making excuses now otakuZERO! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
AE80 discussion
on the other note, why dont you like the s12? nissan makes superb cars and amazing engines also! As far as looks go s12 on some nice deep dish rims can look just as cool as the ae86 if not cooler. if you dont like the engine throw in an sr20 from the Primera GT, slap on a couple of ITBs and youllhave your own hi-rpm screamer. why does it have to be the hachiroku anyway? the s12 is much more advanced than ae86.. ules that is exactly what you dont want..
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
AE80 discussion
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE80 discussion]

and an old commercial.. Thumbs up!
http://www.club-s12.org/main/multimedia/videos/RS-X.mpg

old car test.. how cool.
http://www.club-s12.org/multimedia/motortrends12.pdf

swapping in a cool 6 cyl engine..
http://www.club-s12.org/multimedia/s12se...driver.pdf
02-15-2007, 10:21 PM
AE80 discussion
Ivan141 Wrote:Cant you afford one of the hachi's for sale on mainland europe?
The french levin had your name written all over it if you ask me..and there's a nicely modded and clean levin coupe for sale in the netherlands at the moment.
If you can afford to buy an ae80 and stick a 4age in it AND make it handle properly....then you can afford an ae86 too.

Had a nice hachi-pool of cash saved, but life, wife and children got involved, I agree, making an 80 handle like an 86 would take a lot of money, and would indeed be pointless, but thats not quite what I was talking about

Apolan Wrote:indeed. Youre just making excuses now otakuZERO!
heheh nice! Nope no excuse, I make no apologies for trying different things

Apolan Wrote:on the other note, why dont you like the s12? nissan makes superb cars and amazing engines also! As far as looks go s12 on some nice deep dish rims can look just as cool as the ae86 if not cooler. if you dont like the engine throw in an sr20 from the Primera GT, slap on a couple of ITBs and youllhave your own hi-rpm screamer. why does it have to be the hachiroku anyway? the s12 is much more advanced than ae86.. ules that is exactly what you dont want..

Apolan, I love my S12 but its just not a Hachi, It may be faster, or more advanced, but in my opinion no way 'cooler' and thats the real point. I want an 86 for other reasons than what it can do on the track, hence my different view on things

I cannot contribute anything to this forum at all, I am a wannabe that has no real chance of owning one so I have to put up with what i can get. I thought a discussion about other close relatives of the 86 could be cool, maybe of interest to those among us that cant reach 86 ownership, but can have a glimse of that hachiroku spirit

...Ill shut up now! Confused

still no 86
02-15-2007, 10:39 PM
AE80 discussion
pardon my french but that is the lamest thing i have ever heard! Perhaps you UK guys are spoiled with the living standard up there but if you can afford A car, that car can no doubt ba a hachiroku if you really want it. Look at me, and some other poor guys.. we wanted one soooo bad that we neglecked other thiings, sacrified many things to make this hachilife work (still isnt quite working for me Big Grin) - but hey, do i have a 86? yes i do. sure it isnt the preetiest piece of metal on the road, nor the best maintained.. isnt even on the road atm actually.. but hey. at least i have it. if you want something in life, go get it. period. but something tells me that you like to be the victim. Tongue
02-15-2007, 10:39 PM
AE80 discussion
Apolan! they are beautiful!

I love the gundam robot in the ad too!

No doubt Silvias are a beautiful car, I really do love mine to bits, a converted ae80 would be nothing close to the S12 and 1000000 miles from an 86

The main point of this thread was not to replace or copy an 86, but to show there are possibilities with similar corollas form the same age

still no 86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offtopic discussion 1 improvedae86 15 14,330 03-13-2009 04:47 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  Offtopic discussion 2 improvedae86 31 27,590 03-13-2009 04:42 AM
Last Post: Mux213