fast and the furious : tokyo drift
07-09-2006, 02:08 AM
I was quite interested in what this movie would bring and i was prepared for the worst.It wasn't very good indeed, i didn't have the subtitles and i didn't want to put the tv very loud so i couldn't follow the story very well because of the soft sound.

Well i don't think i missed much of the story and was more interested in what kind of cars they would use.It started with a race of viper against some sort of v8 powered car, this race was pasted together with pieces of video each 0.5 seconds long and it looked like crap, the cars aren't going fast at all if you look close.

Well i won't spoil you on the story but later on when he is in Japan he is drifting with an evo VIII or something.In the japan part they have some real cars unlike the other f&f movies (FD,350Z,evo,gt-r).I didn't see an ae86 though, that's too bad.

The best thing about this movie is a cameo of the REAL drift king keiichi tsuchiya, he has a role as an old fisherman who comments on the drifting skills of the roleplayer, supercool Respect!

i don't know when it will be in cinemas here but i recommend you souce this movie somewhere and watch it on a lousy day

Real men race downhill
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2006, 07:06 AM
wouter86 Wrote:I didn't see an ae86 though, that's too bad.
I did! Smile There's a white 3-door Trueno parked at the garage at one point.

wouter86 Wrote:The best thing about this movie is a cameo of the REAL drift king keiichi tsuchiya, he has a role as an old fisherman who comments on the drifting skills of the roleplayer, supercool Respect!
Indeed! His first line was mis-translated, though. I think he says "Counter-steer ga osoin da yo na" ("He counter-steers too late/too slowly") but the subtitles said "You call that drifting?". Wink

Anyway, the plot of the movie was really lame and it was stuffed full of silly clichés - which was quite what I was expecting anyway. Fortunately there was a lot of nice stunt-driving to look at, courtesy of Sam Hubinette and Rhys Millen, among others. Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2006, 11:54 AM
wowwww nice levin Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect!
Thumbs up! Thumbs up! anythin more pohtos in the film of ae86?????
Sad Sad Sad Sad

ae86 !
07-09-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah i spotted that 86 too but it was too bad there wasn't one participating in the movie, this one is just parked.

I think they translated the first line of keiichi like that because alot of people don't know what countersteer is.

Real men race downhill
07-09-2006, 01:51 PM
wouter86 Wrote:I think they translated the first line of keiichi like that because alot of people don't know what countersteer is.
Huh Huh Huh

Then again: most FWD drivers probably will never need it anyway. Big Grin Big Grin

p.s. haven't seen it yet, but I'm currenty busy on getting it. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - fast and the furious : tokyo drift]
07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I already download and watch it last week Smile
I must say the drift scene great, but the story are lame.

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
07-09-2006, 10:07 PM
i have seen the movie but i was also dissapointed over the story issue. Sad
but some drift scenes wher great Yummie!
07-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I like the classic drifters Z350 and Mitsu EVO Evil

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
07-10-2006, 10:56 AM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!
NO HACHI IN THE FILM ??????????
Huh

AE86 FANATIC!!!
07-10-2006, 01:14 PM
No Hachi in action in the film, only 2 sec scene that shown hachi at the parking garage

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ae86 in fast and furious I Kammi 3 6,271 07-12-2011 10:42 PM
Last Post: flpgacitua
  ae86 in fast and furious 4 jleon426 14 22,755 07-14-2010 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mardoc
  Tokyo Pop American Dubs Mux213 3 4,843 10-14-2004 10:46 PM
Last Post: Donut