fast and the furious : tokyo drift
07-11-2006, 03:09 AM
SHAME ON THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Just be happy, otherwise every stupid kid would want a hachi, and prices would get even more ridiculous than they already are Smile
07-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Went to see the movie yesterday - MY GOD! That was some hillarious entertainment. Everybody dissing the film for its un-realistic action sets should get a life! I bet nobody expected it to be a drift documentary. Big Grin If you have the chance to go see it in the theatre, you shold do that as the experience is much greater. It is just great fun, mostly because of the japanese scene, which was a bit exagarated at some points.. perhaps its just me, coz im in love with japanese culture and everything with nippon origins, but this is definatelly better than fnf2. The strongpoints of theese film have to be the pure action, car fun, japanese sceen and Keiichi fishing.. I have to say i expected it to be more drift/race orientated, but drifting happens to be more of a side story to the Jakuzza main theeme. Non or the less this is some great entertainment with a few spices here and there ([spoiler]Vin Diesel at the end "Ive got nothing but time.", Keiichi catching fish and puting an sr20det into a 67 mustang Big Grin[/spoiler]) As many of you i am dissapointed by the non-apperance of hachi, but still fabolous entertainment for car enthusiasts. Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Apolan: I've editted your post because it contained some spoilers in it. Otherwise people already know the brilliant pieces of the movie beforehand. Big Grin
And yeah: it really surprised me too Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - fast and the furious : tokyo drift]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Watched it last night and I'm sorry to say, I kinda enjoyed myself. It aint the story of the century but it was definately a good laugh. I was confused at the start finding out that the acters were supposed to represent 17 year old kids *duh* and how fast the guy was send to Tokyo but it did become enjoyable from there. A bit on the very predictable side, and I must have thought "damn that guy has no brains" a dozen times, but still, it was fun to watch.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
My list look like this:
1. will be ever - Initial D anime and manga
2. is the Initial D Live Action movie - HK made
3. is maybe tokyo drift

One guy wrote in czech a really nice description of this movie and i agree with him. They just robbed initial D. The movie was just a big effect they made a joke of keiichi as a fisherman and just put 2 sec scene with ae86 Angry i understand that as they maybe think hachi is a really old car and got no power Huh
The funniest phrase in the movie was: A long days ago the drifting was a totally different like in present time. Its in the scene in that is the main character going downhill with his new girlfriend with a couple of cars.
I laughted as i never did Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Banpei tnx, didnt realise that srry.

Hai Mux, Sugoi entertainmento ne? It had many flaws (i also hated that the main character was a redneck and rather on the slow side.. but anyway.. man, if this movie was put in any other place than japan, i'd hate this movie im sure.
07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Apolan,

Sugoi?

Well I beg to differ, yes if you are looking for an inteligent realistic drifting scene based movie, Tokyo Drift completely misses the point. You are better off watching one of the BMI video'sBig Grin.

If you are just out to have a good time and a lauch, I found the movie pretty cool in the same way I don't take an Arnold Schwarzenegger seriously but enjoy most of them (I hate his latest works though).

Seriously though, name any action movie made in hollywood in the last century where the main actors actually knew what they were doing (*edit*, gone in 60 seconds does spring to mind, Nicolas Cage really knows how to drive, allthough the whole steel x cars in 1 night thing is total nonsence and that movie is full of cliches aswell).
Real drifting is way to booring stuff to make a good movie out off. Heck, talk to a real yakuza boss and he'll probably tell you he hates the ignorance of both hollywood and the asian movie companiesBig Grin

Anyways, you can twist about taste, some people will hate this movie, some will love it, for all the different reasons out there. I for one thought it was fun to watch aslong as you don't take the movie seriously, but I can surely understand how someone else feels its complete crapBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
You mention Nick Cage as the only actor that springs to mind when it comes to driving know-how? That's like spitting on Steve mcQueens grave man! Now there was a guy that loved to drive.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Yep! Smile And i agree with you mux, if one went to see the movie with expectations of some realistic drifting and racing, one missed the time and space of his beeing.. i knew this movie's gonna be a laugh and a laugh it was.. i had so much fun. Big Grin But the japanese theme really made the movie 10 times more fun for me.. ("Ready, seto, gooo!" Big Grin)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ae86 in fast and furious I Kammi 3 6,275 07-12-2011 10:42 PM
Last Post: flpgacitua
  ae86 in fast and furious 4 jleon426 14 22,758 07-14-2010 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mardoc
  Tokyo Pop American Dubs Mux213 3 4,844 10-14-2004 10:46 PM
Last Post: Donut