Axle/wheel hop?
09-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Axle/wheel hop?
something like this may help you with your wheel hop

http://technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=633

so ppl dont yell at me I could care less if he bought them from this site just using it as a reference ( I got yelled at by a different forum) Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Axle/wheel hop?
jnk Wrote:the books and URLs are about braking wheel hop. isnt that opposite of acceleration??

Yup !
But you can't avoid these problems unless you're preparing drag racing car Thumbs up!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Axle/wheel hop?
Replaces the bushings of the lower two rods today. (didn't had time to do the other two since it was during work Tongue)

The old bushings didn't look that old or worn out, but replacing them with the stiffer prothane bushings made a lot of difference.

The first thing to notice was the noise. You hear and feel all the noises from the LSD. It also seems that the resonance from the exhaust is much louder now. But I don't mind. I like it when my car makes funny noises!

Second, doing burnout is a piece of cake now. The first time I tried doing burnouts with these new bushings, I thought that the clutch was slipping.
It just was sooooo smooth that I didn't feel anything...haha.

I'm going to replace the other two rods and the panhard rod and that's it.
The traction improved so much that I don't see any reason to get traction brackets any more....for now at least...Tongue
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Axle/wheel hop?
Good news!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Axle/wheel hop?
Bubble_Drift Wrote:The first thing to notice was the noise. You hear and feel all the noises from
the LSD. It also seems that the resonance from the exhaust is much
louder now. But I don't mind. I like it when my car makes funny noises!

Interesting comment that Smile I just went for a first drive after replacing
all the old OEM rubber bushings with new TRD rubber bushings in the
rear end. I immediately noticed a lot more "exhaust" resonance inside
the car Confused Mechanical noise level does not seem to have changed though.

Is more resonance a typical result when fitting harder bushings ??

Cheers... jondee86

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Axle/wheel hop?
I drove the car for a bit now with the prothane bushings. Resonance is definitely louder. 3000rpm in 3rd gear makes girls happy, is you know what I mean Wink.

Furthermore, the cusco 2way scares people at parking lots and tight turns...haha. I had several people come to me and say " what was that sound?? is your car alright?" So Yes, a Cusco (or any lsd for that matter) IS loud, when running hard bushings.

But so much fun...driving in the rain is actually quite scary, I'm not letting anyone else drive my car from now on..haha.

Spinning 195/50 Toyo T1-R's is also much easier that I expected (I'm actually running them on the front, but wanted to try them in the rear to see the grip levels)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Axle width totta Crolla 1 614 10-24-2023 12:20 PM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  Rear axle options Dino86 13 11,369 01-08-2018 10:19 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Rebuild rear disc brakes toyota crown ms112 axle bozu 0 3,498 12-21-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: bozu
  wider rear axle,track width,suspension questions ditn 6 7,493 10-18-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Toyota KE70 3SGE Beams Swap - Axle reliability cke70 15 23,693 04-13-2014 12:49 PM
Last Post: Celica RA45