Thread Closed 
AEU86 Shop
09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
AEU86 Shop
And AGX are adjustable "on car" but pretty crappy in the quality control department. Some last forever, some less then 10.000km.. I know that on one of our AGX shocks the adjuster has already stopped functioning..bummer.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2007, 11:57 PM
AEU86 Shop
NoHachi,

Thing is, its hard to say what is the cause, the AGX themselves or the way they've been installed/used/setup.

I know people that managed to destroy KONIs in less kms then that by setting them on their hardest setting using stock springs. Same thing with HTS, they are generally known as some of the best quality shocks you can get for our cars, yet there are people out there that have f'ed em up in no time.

Mismatching shocks and springs can destroy even the best quality parts, that said you also get what you pay for Smile

As for my opinion on the quality of AGX, I have none yet, I hope to receive our first sets any day now and then we'll see. From what I've read they're pretty good compared to their price, HTS is supposed to be better (and so far my experiences with HTS is very very good), but the price is higher, KONI AE86 is similarly priced but longer stroke and only adjustable off car, KONI AE92 is more expensive but you find yourself going mad finding matching rear shocks (yes I know Camaro 'fit', can anyone tell me which btw).

In the end, most people probably don't know how to properly setup their shocks to begin with and are probably better buying hi quality non adjustable shocks with matching springs anyways (or just buy a greddy kit Big Grin )

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-19-2007, 12:37 AM
AEU86 Shop
i've got the technical drawings of the Koni AE86 rear damper and de Koni Camaro rear damper.. I still don't understand why it should fit, but maybe ive got the wrong version of the camaro.. '93-'02....

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AEU86 Shop]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
09-21-2007, 08:54 AM
AEU86 Shop
new camara also has a rear axle which is the same as the ae86

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-21-2007, 09:31 AM
AEU86 Shop
Hi Mux,

Jup, that could be issue..I don't know. But if I use your own definition, and look at all the reports surrounding e.g. Koni's, then they seem to be fairly idiotproof. Anyway, its a new adjustuble option in Europe, at a new price and I am all for extra options! (and I might need an extra rear shock as a replacement)

Just as a hunch, if you ever speak to Dick Hoekendijk again, try and ask him what his connections are within Billstein. I know he had a custom valved set made right at the factory. Maybe there is a way of becoming a reseller or getting a similar "killer deal" like you are working on with koni.

Finally, I think everyone here at aeu86 would be absolutely thrilled if some space could be found somehow, somewhere in a container to ship larger items at reasonable costs. I'm thinking of the PASS-bodykits at the moment and possibly some other "heavy" packages that are just too expensive too ship via ordinary channels. There must some shipping agent somewhere that is willing to ship a single pallet:

E.G. 1 6m container, shipped from the US is ~ 1000$ or 800E.
1 containerfloor will house no more then 12 Euro pallets = 800/16 = 67E/pallet
Size restriction of one pallet are 120x80x~200. Which should be enough to send several kits over if packaged handily.
Price hike of 100% for profit (somewhere) and you end up with 140 to 150E shipping costs. Now that would be nice.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-21-2007, 10:12 AM
AEU86 Shop
robokill Wrote:new camara also has a rear axle which is the same as the ae86

Yeah but we're not looking for the same, we're looking for something that has the same mounting points, but a shorter shock lenght... now if that applies thats what we want, if that doesn't apply, these shocks will be the same or similar to AE86 shocks..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
AEU86 Shop
Hey NoHachi,

As for the Konis, I agree with you, the quality is such that you really have to use them wrong to do damage to them, but I've seen it happen. Point I was trying to make is that you need to be carefull in judging reactions you read on these items. There are so many people out there that give bad ratings to products not cause the product is bad, but because those people aren't profesionals and are incorrectly using the product and not all products handle such a situation equally (which if you are buying such a product and you are not a profesional yourself, is important information n on the less). The fact that a product breaks when improperly used doesn't necesairily mean its a bad product. It may perform admirably when used properly and while you read some bad things about AGX, there are also ALOT of good stories out there.

In the end though, we'll judge it once we have some actual _experience_ with them.

As for shipping, yes it would be nice if we could do it this way, but you try and find enough buyers who want to cash out this amount of money for parts and shipping at the same time. Its a logistics nightmare and you'll find it hard to get the people together.

Your best bet is to lift along with someone who's already shipping large amounts of goodies. And lets face it, last time WE shipped a big pallet and offered if anyone would want to order some additional parts that went along for the ride virtually at no shipping costs, nobody reacted.

Its why me and Banpei have desided that we'll purely work on buying parts, shipping them to NL and then trying to sell them when we have them in hand. We personally run a bigger risk, but it solves alot of headaches (though this shipping delay is making me loose sleep Sad ).

NoHachi Wrote:Hi Mux,

Jup, that could be issue..I don't know. But if I use your own definition, and look at all the reports surrounding e.g. Koni's, then they seem to be fairly idiotproof. Anyway, its a new adjustuble option in Europe, at a new price and I am all for extra options! (and I might need an extra rear shock as a replacement)

Just as a hunch, if you ever speak to Dick Hoekendijk again, try and ask him what his connections are within Billstein. I know he had a custom valved set made right at the factory. Maybe there is a way of becoming a reseller or getting a similar "killer deal" like you are working on with koni.

Finally, I think everyone here at aeu86 would be absolutely thrilled if some space could be found somehow, somewhere in a container to ship larger items at reasonable costs. I'm thinking of the PASS-bodykits at the moment and possibly some other "heavy" packages that are just too expensive too ship via ordinary channels. There must some shipping agent somewhere that is willing to ship a single pallet:

E.G. 1 6m container, shipped from the US is ~ 1000$ or 800E.
1 containerfloor will house no more then 12 Euro pallets = 800/16 = 67E/pallet
Size restriction of one pallet are 120x80x~200. Which should be enough to send several kits over if packaged handily.
Price hike of 100% for profit (somewhere) and you end up with 140 to 150E shipping costs. Now that would be nice.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
AEU86 Shop
Hey Everyone,

Looks like we're finally getting somewhere... Shipping company finally let us know the goods are in and we're starting the customs procedure.

With luck we should have everything soon though with our current luck... Wink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-25-2007, 10:39 AM
AEU86 Shop
Please give us a list of what is available and pricing of course ... :wink:

AE86 FANATIC!!!
09-25-2007, 10:48 AM
AEU86 Shop
Alimonos,

Will take care of that this week, need to get the customs thing moving firstSmile

On the top of my head:
Prothane Bushings 135 euros per set (though most sets already reserved at this moment)
AGX Shocks, 440 euros per set
Tein Camber plates 200 euros per set
4.7 TRD Ring and Pinion gear (only 1 available), need to check price on this one

I'm sure I'm forgetting something Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AEU86.ORG Shop final sale Mux213 82 98,729 06-12-2017 05:20 PM
Last Post: banpei
  OISHI New online shop JonnyAE86 28 28,944 01-22-2013 06:21 PM
Last Post: JonnyAE86