steering wheel removle
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
steering wheel removle
just got my new racing whel in for my 86. i took off the nut that is in the middile of the wheel. i thought that would be the only one to need to come off. but it wont seem to budge. is there any other nuts or screws or somthing that also needs to come off? any help would be awsome.

thanks

matt
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2007, 08:52 PM
steering wheel removle
I had removed mine before and I just removed one nut I remembered. You need to pull it a bit harder Smile

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
steering wheel removle
please for your nose sake, when your fighting with the wheel to remove it, make sure that the nut is loosen, but not completely removed. Blush

I just switched my steeringwheel Sad

steeringwheels have a habbit of getting very stuck Angry

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

No more Panda..
Tricolor bastard!

If it 'aint broke, fix it 'til it is
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
steering wheel removle
I think that this is the only screw but maybe it is stuck. Try this:

Loosen the nut

Place a big screwdriver in the middle of the steering where the nut bolts and strike the screwdriver with the hammer. You must have someone to help you pushing the steering out while you strike with hammer.

Cheers

Thumbs up!

Toyota Corolla KE30 + Toyota Corolla AE86
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
steering wheel removle
Loosen the bolt, and with your hands and fast moves, hit the steering wheel from the back to you, try to alrtenate the "hits" left/right. It has to come out.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - steering wheel removle]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
03-14-2007, 09:44 PM
steering wheel removle
i guess i am just going to have to use more force. it just makes me uneasy, i dont want to break anything. thanks for all of your help
03-14-2007, 10:11 PM
steering wheel removle
I couldn't get my steering wheel loose without using a puller. I guess its on tighter from one car to the other. It is however just the one big nut that holds it in place.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
steering wheel removle
fairy! Tongue
Just kidding offcourse, I had to fabricate a puller to get the steeringwheel loose on noHachi's KE25, the plastic steering wheel actually broke when we tried pulling it off by hand.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-15-2007, 01:17 AM
steering wheel removle
I pulled mine by hands, not easy.
Loose the screw (don't completely remove it because wheel will hit your face). You must hit it with hands in direction from dashboard to your face (sitting on driver's seat). If you just pull (don't hit) - no chance Evil
03-15-2007, 01:51 AM
steering wheel removle
Actually the wheel comes of incredibly easy! you just have to pull it at the [u:4f063e37d8]exact[/u:4f063e37d8] angle (90'). at first i tried pulling the wheel as hard as i could but it wouldnt budge. I slammed, kicked, rotated.. nothing.. i started wondering if there are some other hidden bolts, that i forgot about when i was installing the wheel, than i grabbed the wheel , not even trying to take it off, and presto it almost fell off! so everytime i unscrew my wheel, if i try puling hard nothing works, just grabbing it at the correct angle, comes off np. dunno about you guys' wheels..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  steering wheel - leather painting kit Gtsi-R 4 1,651 02-14-2022 03:00 PM
Last Post: decryphe
  Why Manual Steering Rack ?? Power Steering Removal juantonwan 26 40,399 10-02-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  DIY: How We Can Rescue The OEM JDM Steering Wheel Serencebey 16 19,377 03-28-2010 07:41 AM
Last Post: Serencebey
  steering wheel/boss/quick release questions Eric 11 11,383 08-19-2008 09:35 AM
Last Post: cavey
  window removle matto 2 3,315 05-25-2007 07:03 PM
Last Post: robokill