Some engine, brake and suspension DIY components.
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
The turbo-header test-fit (on head only):

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Looking good! Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Some engine, brake and susp...omponents.]
05-03-2005, 11:05 PM
now i know what you ment...;]
Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
05-04-2005, 08:10 AM
What turbo will you be putting on there? It would be very interesting to see some pics with turbo mounted inside the engine bay. There is so little room to put a turbo in the ae86 without putting it right next to the brake master cilinder or relocating the starter engine..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes Ivan, there is relatively small place for turbo.
I have KKK K26 and K27 turbos - will use K26. There is a place even for K27 one :-)
The turbo goes under brake master cilinder near the brake bias valve. The starter will not be relocated, nor the oil filter - the goal is to use this header as straight replacement (combined with appropriate turbo flange and downpipe).

PS:Look at the yellow line. I will cut there and weld the turbo flange - but the pictures will follow soon (I hope - pictures of NA header also).
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I cant quite see how the flange will work out..shouldnt the 4 pipes merge into a collector first? Sinec your already using pretty long pipes to the turbo it would also be a nice touch to make the pipes equal length (if they arent already...hard to tell from the pics)..
I've seen the difference between log and equal length turbo manifolds demonstrated on the same car once, and equal length spanks the log manifold all the way..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Ivan, the runners now are 240mm and 300mm (1,4 and 2,3). After cutting (yellow line) they will be almost equal (will know after cut). I don't plan to use merged manifold for this header (my personal header) - I have a reason to do that (some exhaust theory) and I want to do some experiments. These tubes will go directly to the "box" (something like pyramid with cut top) and to the turbo. Believe or not - the main problem is position of wastegate - because my K26 uses integral wastegate :-)

About the log manifold - my friend (and member of this forum also) will try turbo with log manifold. Maybe is reasonable to compare this one and log type on the same engine - we have dyno in the town.

PS: About the merged collector - I will use one for TRD copy - NA 4-1.
05-04-2005, 03:57 PM
So I take it your going to just let them fire in a circular order into a simple style collector. Might work out pretty good.

There's a really nice DIY Hi-rise exhaust header thread on club4ag at the moment..Basically an equal length 4-1 header with longer pipes (like all the D1 ae86 guys use on their cars.

I would be interested in such an exhaust myself, but I prefer a 4-2-1 if I have the choice.
I was thinking about building a turbo 4age before, but I'm dropping that idea since I will be building a turbo volvo this summer.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Fire in circular order is interesting idea but it still must prove advantages. At the moment I just want to complete this one without think for circular order (scientific way) or merged collector. I want to know exactly the difference between this one and log-type - on dino-stand.

4-2-1 is easier to build, compared to 4-1 due to clearance over the steering mechanisms. TODA published their 4-2-1 and 4-1 manifolds with tube diameters also - in case if you are interested :-)
05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
alimonos Wrote:yeah but in order to use an external fuel pump you have to make some mods to the tank (make hole and add a new fuel line from there)... isn't that right?
I think it's not some safe and reliable solution...

nope - you dont have to at all.
it´s the same as using an fuelcatcktank.

kris

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AJPS.com.au - - STEERING LOCK SPACERS and REAR brake upgrade AJPS 5 12,566 04-30-2014 05:10 AM
Last Post: AJPS
  Track and road brake kits ep71 12 14,179 09-17-2012 10:28 AM
Last Post: ep71
  Speed Industries: GReddy Sale, only suspension and brake kit speed-inc 28 21,545 04-24-2008 08:08 PM
Last Post: speed-inc
  BREAKING AE86 ENGINE GEAR BOX LONG CHAMPS SUSPENSION ALL ziggy 33 24,101 12-31-2007 09:26 PM
Last Post: Conrad