SNOW!!!
03-02-2005, 05:46 PM
SNOW!!!
Widar Wrote:I'm wonder what the hell the owner of that Starion is doing.
Probably another rich guy who lives in the citycenter: where I live about as close as you can get to park your car for free and still be near to the center. Maybe the Starion owner is the same guy as the S12 owner. Confused

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - SNOW!!!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
SNOW!!!
banpei Wrote:
Widar Wrote:I'm wonder what the hell the owner of that Starion is doing.
Probably another rich guy who lives in the citycenter: where I live about as close as you can get to park your car for free and still be near to the center. Maybe the Starion owner is the same guy as the S12 owner. Confused
Look him up and go ask him for the keys! Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
SNOW!!!
Yay! Snow!

And some unintentional Dorifto in my Peugeot 405 resulting in:
Small concrete pillar 1 : Rear Bumper 0

If only that pillar wasn't there, I freakin recovered already...
TAP!

It just gently tapped the pillar, so the bumper took the hit. It cracked the bumper, but not to badly. I wanted to replace it anyway due to damage from the previous owner. It could have been worse... It could have hit the side of my door... or some other metal part that costs millions (in my book) to replace.

Yeah... -200 euros for the hachi... But I'll overcome...

Justice to All
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
SNOW!!!
Well I made it home in one piece but....

YOKO A539'S HAVE NO GRIP IN SNOW!!

Damn I was slipping and sliding everywhere but the way I wanted to go, I had to drive really gently not to have the back pass the front.

I also got stuck a few times because of it..

It would have been great fun if there wasn't any other traffic, but it just was to busy to have real fun.

I might go out later tonight, we'll seeSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-02-2005, 10:11 PM
SNOW!!!
JTA Wrote:Yay! Snow!

And some unintentional Dorifto in my Peugeot 405 resulting in:
Small concrete pillar 1 : Rear Bumper 0
LOL!

03-03-2005, 01:21 AM
SNOW!!!
Finally snow in my country.Too bad my hachi is still under construction so i payed my brother a visit.He also has a hachi but his is road legal.

So i went to a parkinglot in bergen op zoom.Very big,good light,lots of snow.At first it oversteerd a few times,i gave too much gas so the car turned around and i stood still.

Damn,i looked like a fool! Dumb question There were some guys in a mazda 323 with flamethrower kit showing off at me.Too bad i spinned around the first few times.didn`t make a good impression.

So i thought give less gas.I felt the rear go, countersteered and hey!It looked a hell better then my first try.So after 5 minutes i could turn with my steering wheel completely locked the opposite site of where i went too.You should see the faces of those guys!

Well then a cop came too me and said:"this is no playground young man"and i said"uhhh your right!"so went off the lot for 15 minutes and went back.When i came back there were 4 cars slipping and spinning around.cool.

So i parked my car and went too check em out.Damn they were al FF cars!!daihatsu applause,opel kadet and more of the same.So i said to the guy next to me:"you can`t slip with these cars man!"he said:"well you see for yourself,looks nice huh?"

So i said again:"For slipping you definitly need this car"
He said:"With that car?It`s just a corolla man!and an old one too!"

So i went to do a round of real slippin`.People found it most interesting.

Tomorrow i go again, but then i bring my brother along.and a camera Tongue .Hope the snow is still there tomorrow Respect!

btw.Today was a very good lesson.You really can feel wat a lsd does without having to drive very fast.Very interesting.I also could tell the car has a good balance,cornering is very neutral and predictable unlike my aw11 with its heavy rear end pushing when you get off the gas.

I felt very safe because the car is so predictable.What i also found noticeable was that you can accurately change the angle of your drift with the gas pedal.Very unique experience!

Real men race downhill
03-03-2005, 01:48 AM
SNOW!!!
wouter86: Sounds real good! You'll get the hang of it, took me 3 winters to drift like i do today.

Movie : http://delta.uwhosting.net/~hachi/widar/...drift1.wmv

Gotta make a new one now that i finally fixed the bimmer and we got lots of snow!

03-03-2005, 02:14 AM
SNOW!!!
i want rwd and i want it now Sad

Had some fun playing around in the BMW 325i from a collegue of mine, donuts and stuff on the parkingplace of my work Smile.

I now know for sure that RWD is the way to go Smile

/edit: this is how it looks now overhere.
Maybe not to spectaculair, but for me, south dutchie Big Grin, it's very rare Tongue

Sadly i had to work when most of my friends enjoyed themselves Sad

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
SNOW!!!
Grrrrrrrr..... I couldn't go out last night boehoehoehoehoeSad

Tonight.......

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-05-2005, 12:55 AM
SNOW!!!
WHEEEEEE!!!

Owh man tonight was great. I met up with P-nut at the weekly meeting at the transferium in Leiden. This is a place normally filled with fast and the furious lookalike cars but most stayed home.

The parkinglot there was pretty empty but not a safe place for drifting. A couple of guys with very nice looking mini coopers where there when I arive and they greeted me right away, turns out they liked the hachi alotSmile

Vernon arived a little later and started talking abit. These guys told us they were going out to a big parking space at the sea and asked us to join. Well why not.

10 minute drive later we were 4 out of 7 cars on a 100m3 flat piece of tarmac with about a couple of cm's of snow on it. PERFECT!!!!

I think we ended up playing there for about an hour, damn I had so much fun!!!!!

The night ended a bit sadder then we wanted, one of the mini's engine stopped running. I had to leave unfortunately so I hope Vernon and the other guys got the mini back up and running.

Did find out one nasty thing though, the snow was pretty rough so my car bumped abit, 3 or 4 times in this situation it jumped out of 2nd gear.
Other then that my car drifts pretty nicely on snowSmile I do wonder if my LSD locks perfectly but it seems to work ok enough..

Vernon looked very good out there, he and his mate have definately had alot more practice then meSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij