Robokill's Panda Levin Coupe!
09-27-2005, 08:40 PM
MUX where are the freaking pictures you took last night :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Crap, This is the first time I've been behind my own PC and I'm nackered.Smile

I'll upload in a minute

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Pictures added to the album :

http://www.basenlily.nl/album/default.php?dir_id=152

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Robokill's Panda Levin Coupe!]

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Nervous today we got to the paintshop :-( i can't sleep

Car isn't 100% ready yet hope the painter mux and the prez (later maybe ivan) will be able to lay on the last hands on the car.

Already arranged a set of new tires the current onces have about 0,1 mm threat left in the rear and about 1 mm in the front

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Well seems robo isn't back yet.

Pictures will have to wait till next week, I left my camera with robo so he can take pictures of the bits I am missing out on but I had a dinner appointments so..

Anyways, while robo was working till late in the night on friday I was out bowling with the company and then eating. I didn't get home until midnight and offcourse my wife made it very clear that I wasn't around enough by keeping me awake for another 2 hoursTongue

So 2am I hit the sack, 6:15am my alarm clock rings. Damnit 4 hours equals no sleep at all...

HIt the shower, still full from last nights dinner so no breakfast. Read some mail instead and Jump in the car by 7am heading out. Arival at 8am...

At robo's at first the music was not sweet. Robo had had alot of trouble this week with the weather, alot of rain made him postpone and postpone work. We're running nearly a full days work behind and that sucked...

Drink some coffee, load up 3 hachis with all the stuff we'll be needing and then some, drive out to amsterdam to arive at the tinker shop at 9:30am.

Doesn't open till 10am so we start working on robos car outside. Sun is shining very nice indeed... Took the car appart (for asfar as it wasn't), so bumpers, lights, etc. Then start working on the windows. Rear window removed without a scratch, door windows removed without a scratch, side windows we desided to tape in with the trimming removed. Then came the front window. First time we ever did this and offcourse, it went 99% good, the f*cked up bit is that the 1% where we failed does mean we'll be ordering a new front windshield. We also desided to take everything off we could, doors would be painted separately, so would the bootlid and hood, and the wings, bumpers, etc.

This whole bit took up most of the morning and part of the midday. We did get a nice scare around this time as the environmental police was driving around. It seems that around there working on your car on a parking lot will give you a 750 EURO!!!!!! fine! Fucking hell, its not like we are poluting the place. I'm pretty sure those bastards running around in their diesel nissan patrol car fuck up the environment 100x more then we ever could hope to achieve, we're on a damn industrial site for christ sake. Thank you holland where criminals go free, and car enthousiasts ensure the goverment for loads and loads of free cash...

Anyways, by the time that we were starting to get a car that could be spraypainted some other guy had put his BMW in the paintbooth. This guy was doing the whole car, primer, color, clearcoat, all with nice long drying times in the oven. Around 5pm he was finally finished with his car, so he could finally start on the bumpers that we was doing separately.. (we were making sure we could do everything in one go.. awell)..

At this time I unfortunately had to leave. By now the guys should be home with a properly primered car. Coming week will be fixing imperfections and stuff, then next saterday finally the color coat!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Thumbs up! :roll: :o

Well got back late. The paintbooth closed around 22:00 the car was fully 040 prime coat.

Its very nice to have everything painted. Bad thing is I had to drove the car back wihout windows Undecided . Now thats a chilly mf!

I wasn't able to bring the car home so I put it nearby at my dads company.

Tomorrow/today ? I need to pickup the car clean everything. Reoganize - plan the week and finish the car.

I decided not to rush if the car isn't ready on saterday i won't go simple as that.

Pics will follow

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Good choice robo, better to wait another week perfecting the bodywork then spray on the top coat and regret it for years to come!

Damn, 10pm huh, that sucks... I was almost sleeping by that timeSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-02-2005, 02:07 PM
We had to put the whole car together in record speed...even had to drive it back with the hood still loose (well, it was held in place by the hood lock in front). It has PLENTY of primer on it to be able to do some serious sanding...around 2,5 liters of the stuff to be precise Huh

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Thats alot of primer!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Ok no photo's yet of my car during painting but here's one how he stands now.

i got a new front bumper so everything will come out fine :-)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trueno Hatch and Levin Coupe - Repair, replace, pray xD TomRich 13 13,222 10-07-2018 09:45 PM
Last Post: banpei
  @dodo@ Levin Coupe, renovation and tuning (56k think twice) @dodo@ 165 149,215 03-28-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  Aram's 3SGE Beams Levin Coupe robokill 665 689,855 09-03-2017 09:24 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Matt's "Drives as fast as it's Towed" 85 Levin Coupe mad.matt 38 37,281 04-07-2016 12:15 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  DidiDex 1984 Levin coupe rebuild DidiDex 1 4,987 08-13-2015 03:22 PM
Last Post: DidiDex