Robokill's Panda Levin Coupe!
08-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Doctor, basically the crownwheel and pinion have to be aligned properly. If this isn't done properly then the expected lifespan of the diff drops significantly.
In order to remove a diff from the bellhousing, you have to seperate it from the crownwheel and thus remove the crownwheel as well. This means that you'll have to readjust it afterwards.
I'm planning on just throwing in an AE86 bellhousing/diff etc into the TA22 axle. Its a little bit stronger and a hell of a lot easier to find. Probably going with a new ring and pinion as well. I'll be switching to a longer gearing (finally 2500rpm cruising at 120kph), but you younger fellas could opt for shorter gearing.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey nohachi long time no hear :-)

Well yes off course its nice the diff in my current axle is nice and i guess because of the space i had i probably bust the crown wheel.

How about we all order techno pro spirit crown and pinion and get the axles adjusted i like the idea. (never thought i would wreck mine though maybe it was the adrenaline)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Well this weekend was hard work on the hachi.

Changed the rear axle with my spare one (I killed bearing with the slalom)
Fitted my fpr wings checked the car for comming mot and noticed why my exhaust was making a strange noise. (lose bolts Tongue)

Will post pictures later. All welding has been done but i have to say my car looks like its welded from 10 other cars atm Banging head Confused

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
The car is fixing or breaking itself. Some time ago someone trashed my left side mirror (which i have now new laying at home)

Today waiting at the MC donalds for a meal some guy went into reverse and smashed my bumper :-(

I will have to see the insurance tomorrow but it should be coverd thank got my car isn't resprayd.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
08-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Well small update. My car has to stay at the damage center tomorrow and wait for an expert. The damage will be calculated and i have to wait for judgement. I am afraid this will interfere with respraying the car :-(

It seems these things can take weeks meaning it could be 4 weeks but around that time i want the car on the road painted.

Called the toyota dealer to day to ask for a price

143,50 euro ex BTW (VAT) but then i heard the damage company already asked for the price on my chassis code so they did some research :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I trust that you have a free replacement car in the mean time? That can't be cheap. If not, then I would start raising hell.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Bought a new kouki bumper! (pics Follow)

I am gonne rip the car apart from 17 september on and the car will be prepped and resprayd in the next comming 3 weeks after hoping to have the car fully restored within a month

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Looking good..

Nice technique with the white letters Wink

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Robokill's Panda Levin Coupe!]
AE86 Project
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah but I think I need to redo it some day for him, made a few small mistakes.. Not bad for a first try thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Alot of people never believed this day would come, but it hasSmile

This morning I set out around 10am on my way to Robokills house. Once there we made some plans about today, drank some very tasty coffee and waited for Ivan to arrive, drank some more coffee, and finally around 11am we walked outside into the wonderfull sunshine to encounter two HachiRokus parked next to eachother. Once filled with tools, the other, well soon to be filled with nearly nothingSmile

This: [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Robokill's Panda Levin Coupe!]
is our project for the daySmile Yeah I know it looks ugly right now with all colours in the grayscale range, but it is about to get even uglyerSmile

Surprisingly it only cost us about 3 hours to get the front seats, rear seats, carpers, side mouldings, just about anything attached inside the boot, lights, sunroof, and some other bits where removed.

Well things move ahead fast when two people are working together while the third (me) is mostly busy trying to rescue some tools from one of his toolboxes that had misteriously gotten full of waterSad

Now that we had most of the stuff removed it was time to further work on the car. A mate of robo had already welded most of the really rusted bit but we still needed to fix up the result. We started grinding and sanding and treating stuff, putting a nice temporary primer on the bits that are normally seeable and putting some nasty anti-rust stuff on the parts that would be hidden behind stuff we had removed (mostly POR15 treated).

By the end of the day most of the exteriour work had been done. Robokill will be busy tomorow and during the week to finish the bits off and remove anything left over like stickers and such. Also there are a few damaged bits of bodywork to fix.

We put a few things back into place so the car will survive being parking outside for a few daysSmile

On saterday the car should undergo its first stage of its metamorphosis. We'll drive it off to a spraypainter and there it the last bits of exteriour will be removed. After alot of sanding, the whole car will be painted in white primer, inside and out. We'll put it back together enough at the end of that day and drive it back, the next week will be spend fixing any left over imperfections in the car, so more filling and sandingSmile

The saterday after that, it will get its full new colours.....Smile

More pictures:
http://www.basenlily.nl/album/default.php?dir_id=152

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trueno Hatch and Levin Coupe - Repair, replace, pray xD TomRich 13 12,900 10-07-2018 09:45 PM
Last Post: banpei
  @dodo@ Levin Coupe, renovation and tuning (56k think twice) @dodo@ 165 147,553 03-28-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  Aram's 3SGE Beams Levin Coupe robokill 665 683,818 09-03-2017 09:24 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Matt's "Drives as fast as it's Towed" 85 Levin Coupe mad.matt 38 36,805 04-07-2016 12:15 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  DidiDex 1984 Levin coupe rebuild DidiDex 1 4,923 08-13-2015 03:22 PM
Last Post: DidiDex