Mux213 Levin GTS
10-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Okay small progress update.

I'll be doing a writeup on the distribution belt later on, for now just a picture of the end resultSmile

Also a "creative with paint" intake picture

And last but not least, my new 14" stock AE86 rimms that are going to be taken to be powdercoated soon.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
NoHachi Wrote:As I said earlier: leaving the covers of allows debries to reach the timing chain etc etc. Unless you are building a show car i would let this particular rice boy modification pass.

Start bugging Kristian about his see-through cover, that would get you 90% of the look without the risk of ruining the engine.

NoHachi..
hehehehehehehe....

i had covers off..... resultet in a timingbelt with a HOLE in it... did not break though.

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
KristianAE86 Wrote:NoHachi..
hehehehehehehe....

i had covers off..... resultet in a timingbelt with a HOLE in it... did not break though.
Dang, how did you get that to happen? stone flew into your engine bay?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Just a small update today, haven't had time for the writeup yet, been busy taking my spare axle appart.

Removed calipers, discs, arms, stabalizer bar and some other things. Almost ready for cleaning and paintingSmile

The discs are all rusted but other then that they seem new.

Also I think my LSD is still working judging from how everything turnsSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
If your car does donuts in both left and right direction that would be an indication of a good diff (well..up to a point).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
It'll be awhile before I can test that outSmile

Sunday I will start wirewheeling the axle. Then sometime during the week paint it. Then get the caliper brackets to look nice, and then its waiting for the new bushings setSmile

I'll be using the brake lines, brake discs and caliper of my current axle. If I do it right and shouldn't even need to disconnect any brake linesSmile

I hope to have the axle on before the 31st.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Alrighty,

Finallly last monday it was MOT day try #2Smile

I was nicely on time, 8 o'clock in the morning as agreed. The MOT guy didn't start on the car till 9... awelll, then after half an hour... Well sir, the car is fine, however one of the seat mounts is broken...

Well I knew this one wasn't very good when I put the normal seats back in, didn't know it was an MOT failure point. They welded the seat mount and all was fine again..Took them another hour though.

So 2.5 hours late for work, I have MOT on my car againSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Congratulations Mux...You should have more concern for your safety though. Seat mounts should ALWAYS be in good condition, if one where to break during more 'spirited' driving, god knows what might happen.
I remember the organisation of the track day I went to with the volvo. They really pull the seats like hell just to make sure they are solid.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Ivan,

Very true, I got pretty upset when I found out what was wrong with it when I swapped the original seats back in (I think I made a post of that) and already planned to fix it.

Still, this mount seems pretty weak to start with and the other 3 points are solid. I wonder if it really makes much different.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Okay guys,

Today the fiberglass front wings have been put on my car. The fitment does leave some wishes though. On the left front it seems the light wont fit completely right, we need to adjust this some more later on when we have some proper tools. Also in the rear bottom the wing is a bit to wide. In general it looks pretty okay, with some sanding and molding we should be able to get it looking good enoughSmile

Pictures will be up soonSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Deaty's GTS Project Deaty 9 4,304 04-27-2021 06:10 AM
Last Post: Deaty
  1985 Corolla GTS Project mattscar 5 10,159 01-30-2011 07:30 AM
Last Post: mattscar
  My SR5 to GTS Restoration Conversion. Lofty 15 18,501 09-25-2009 06:52 AM
Last Post: Lofty
  My 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS Hatchback Project (2002-Present) ryceboy_124 4 22,203 08-05-2009 04:25 PM
Last Post: Eric
  AE86 Trueno Coupe (SR5-GTS)//Sweden Allexz 71 70,158 03-16-2009 10:02 PM
Last Post: banpei