Mux213 Levin GTS
09-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Ivan, well it should be fine, and this one is still at the expence of the previous owner, I bought it with MOT so he better keep his promiseSmile

Damn, bought some wiperblades yesterday, sais on the box they will fit a toyota coupe, but offcourse they dont.... well the old ones are still good, just look little taintedSmile but they workSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Hmm, what a fresh coat of paint can't do!!!

Shame there are a few "dust" particals that settled on the paint while drying up and only after painting I found out I missed a bit of the glue that was used to stick the yotota logo on this thing, but that last one will be hidden by the LEVIN logo that I hope will be ariving in a few weeksSmile

Little inbetween stepSmile
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mux213 Levin GTS]

final result:

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
GRMBL....

First an hour in a traffic jam...

Then I arive....

Me: Is E there?

FE (Friendly Employee): No he isn't in yet..

Me: Owh I made an appointment for an MOT with him this morning

FE: Let me check sir, no there isn't an appointment for you set for today

Me: Owh thats strange, we specifically agreed on this morning so I could get the MOT and then drive to work.

FE: Hmm, doesn't surprise me to much, E often forgets to tell us about the appointments he makes with customers

FE: Let me see if I can squeeze you in, we're a bit busy today.. Ah there is a spot later today but you will have to leave the car here

Me: Well I have to drive to work with it today, its not like I live around the corner

FE: Well I'm sorry, we are busy with an MOT right now and there is only one person authorized today. Here is my card, next time make the appointment through me and I'll make sure they will plan you in.

So now I'm FUCKING PISSED! I'm late for work, I've been in traffic jams all morning, AND I STILL DONT HAVE A FUCKING MOT!

Well atleast they were pretty friendly in trying to help me as much as they could. Shame their boss obviously forgets his appointments. In his defence, he did become a father a week or 2 ago, poor excuse to forget your appointments though, not the first one he didn't follow up onSad Damn I'm to friendly to people....

*edit* do have to admit I overdid my story above a bit, hope I don't get any employees into trouble, they really did their best to help me out this morningSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Just spoke to E, just to set the record straight. He did tell one of his people that I was coming, only that person called in sick. Obviously some serious miscommunication on their side where I am the victim, but these these things do happen.

Hopefully my MOT will be done soon afterallSmile

Damn I was pissed off this morningSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
mux213 Wrote:So now I'm FUCKING PISSED! I'm late for work, I've been in traffic jams all morning, AND I STILL DONT HAVE A FUCKING MOT!
When will your MOT expire?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Mux213 Levin GTS
29th if I am not mistaken.

And even if it expires I still have 3 weeks in theory so it is not that badSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Well couple of more steps but no pictures yetSmile

I used the K&N cleaning kit on my cone filter. I have no idea if it makes any difference, I doubt I will feel it but since the car is back in my garden, no driving for a little whileSmile

Also started cleaning up the engine bay as it is terribly greasy. Found out that high temp spray paint and shell engine cleaner do not mix! For fun I had cleaned up and spraypainted some brackets and the paint came right off after it was sprayed with the degreaser. OOOPZ. Well may just aswell mean I didn't prep the brackets well enough, I did a quick job on themSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Owh yeah!

Look at what santa brough in early today:

They are a bit rough around the edges, especially around the wheelwells but otherwise they look very very good! Nothing a little bit of filler and sanding can't fix.

Thursday my mate is coming round to have a look at them, hopefully we'll be able to put them on this weekend and then we'll soon be able to start painting my car!Smile

Does anyone know a good site to look at car colors? I'm thinking about going for a darker shade of blue...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Stop it already Mux!...I've been wanting a dark blue two tone for months now...I'll have to think up other colors to paint my car if you go with the dark blue.
Well, youre prolly getting your car painted way sooner than I am, so first come first serve I guess. I have a couple of different paint scheme's in mind already.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Mux213 Levin GTS
Hey Ivan,

Hehe true, but it isn't 100% sure yet I will go 2 tone, my friend sais he can't do the 2 tone in one go and that will mean he will need the spray booth for too long. We'll have to work that one outSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Deaty's GTS Project Deaty 9 4,266 04-27-2021 06:10 AM
Last Post: Deaty
  1985 Corolla GTS Project mattscar 5 10,126 01-30-2011 07:30 AM
Last Post: mattscar
  My SR5 to GTS Restoration Conversion. Lofty 15 18,415 09-25-2009 06:52 AM
Last Post: Lofty
  My 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS Hatchback Project (2002-Present) ryceboy_124 4 22,180 08-05-2009 04:25 PM
Last Post: Eric
  AE86 Trueno Coupe (SR5-GTS)//Sweden Allexz 71 69,935 03-16-2009 10:02 PM
Last Post: banpei