Mine
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Mine
Brave men i must say...

I want to see the final result... Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Mine
I'l l have a look through the papaerwork and see if there's anything for it.
03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Mine
that would be great Thumbs up!

but when i'll see the rust holes under the windscreen, i'll become afraid Confused
I got water in the bottom and don't know where its from, but as i saw your pictures, i got a very sick felling Blush

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mine]
03-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Mine
Hatchback Wrote:that would be great Thumbs up!

but when i'll see the rust holes under the windscreen, i'll become afraid Confused
I got water in the bottom and don't know where its from, but as i saw your pictures, i got a very sick felling Blush

As promised i went through my paperwork, there was a compliment slip from safety devices telling me to ring the MSA quoting a certificate number.

So i did, they are now going to send me out a certificate for the cage Thumbs up! At the cost of £16...
03-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Mine
I love seeing people save these cars. Thumbs up!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Mine
Good God, MAN!!!
That will be one heck of an experience. Wish i had your balls throwing yourself in such an endevour. My utter respect for the project, that car indeed deserves to be fixed. Sad
03-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Mine
I dont really want to say this but you are just wasting your time, with the amout of rust in it, its just not worth it to repair, there will be rust in the chassis rails which you wont be able to get at to repair and the whole structure of the car will be very weak, if the rust is not 100% removed or killed it will just reappear and you will have to start the repair process again. There is weeks and weeks even years of work in fixing just the body of your car, I would seriously look for another vehicle.

Corolla Levin SR 1984 AE-85 (Project car)
Corolla Runx Z 2002 (Runabout)
03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Mine
Rick Wrote:I dont really want to say this but you are just wasting your time, with the amout of rust in it, its just not worth it to repair, there will be rust in the chassis rails which you wont be able to get at to repair and the whole structure of the car will be very weak, if the rust is not 100% removed or killed it will just reappear and you will have to start the repair process again. There is weeks and weeks even years of work in fixing just the body of your car, I would seriously look for another vehicle.

Oh man, where's your sense of adventure!!!

The car is going for sand blasting so ALL the rust WILL be removed!

The chassis leg at the rear, that is going to be removed completely and another one will be welded in its place, if i can't find a replacement from another shell i will simply make one.

The pictures do make it look worse than it is, trust me...

All the parts i have had sand blasted already have come back looking as good as new so the shell doesn't worry me what so ever.

Believe it or not I HAVE DONE WORSE !!! I did a mini pickup in the same fashion ten years ago, when that came back from the sand blasters there was no floor or bulk head left.

Have faith dude!!
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Mine
Have fun with the project, and make sure you keep it up, gotta save as many ae86's as we can. Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

You do know if you want to sell it at a cheap price, let me know :wink:

p.s. its this on driftworks
03-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Mine
Elid Wrote:Have fun with the project, and make sure you keep it up, gotta save as many ae86's as we can. Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

You do know if you want to sell it at a cheap price, let me know :wink:

p.s. its this on driftworks

Will do Thumbs up!

Erm... I'll let you know Tongue

Yeah its on DW

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mine AE86 from up norht corolla4agze 19 25,131 10-24-2012 10:24 AM
Last Post: corolla4agze