1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
this gives me a nice idea ;-D where you got those made?

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
05-24-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.fouteshirts.nl

If you supply them with a good quality vector-graphic (*.eps) then they can print most simple designs for you in good quality. More detailed images can only be printed as iron-on's...but those dont look as good and dont last nearly as long.

BTW, nothing but praise for those guys.. paid them on sunday, got the shirts on tuesday afternoon...bloody quick.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow...havent posted in this threead for almost a year. I've been slacking off since my hachi was put away to storage. That's not to say there isnt some progress to report though:

The horror!!!!

Been busy taking her apart, and cleaning rusty surfaces so they dont rot any further in the meantime.. It's really damn hard work, really got respect for you guys out there making it look so easy!

So far, all windows are out, interior is stripped apart from the heater (which I am taking out next time when I drain the engine), steering column and drivers seat (which are necessary because they need to be able to tow my car between halls at the storage center).

Up next are some mechanical bits. The bonnet and bootlid arent coming off because the roof leaks in some places and I dont want to get everything full of water.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Easy does it indeed, still if youre making progress, you'll get there.. eventually Big Grin I agreee with you, it really is hard work. Even rebuilding the engine seemed like something fun, but 1 month later, i smell like an oil barrel fresh out od the emirates from all the scrubbing - and only now its coming to a close.. keep it up, good luck!
03-24-2008, 12:24 AM
hey ivan it will come around perfect and you know it. You put everything you have into it. So it will be a perfect hachi. btw your exhaust is still looking new Smile

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-24-2008, 01:02 AM
it is almost new, i can remember replacing that thing, has been a long time ago though Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
The exhaust is at least 2 years old by now.. it's not supposed to be all rusty by now.

It's a pity that the same cant be said of my rear panels. I'm planning to take both upper and lower rear panel out so I can get to the boot floor better. That way everything can be welded with good access, and all seams will be cleaned. Hope to be putting in new rear panels if I find them.
Looking at my car, the hachi's biggest downfall seem to be all the chassis seams, where panels are spotwelded to eachother. The rot nearly always starts from those places, and they are mighty difficult to fix because there are tons of other panels overlapping them in places.

@Robo: Do you have some contact info on that guy that might have those rear panels I need? I'm pretty sure he already sold 'em, but it's still better than importing the damn things from japan.

@Apolan: I still have an engine in the shed over here that I need to rebuild (using 60 dollar USDM low comp. pistons). Since I cant overbore it myself I'll be sending it to a shop anyways so I'll have them clean it.. I hate cleaning work :wink:

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I also. i think i wasted about 20 pairs of rubber gloves, cleaning bits with diesel.. Big Grin And not the thin latex ones, im talking about hardcore dishwashing gloves Big Grin

Anyway, i've settled that if i ever decide to do another build, i'm only doing it with best parts availible, and making everything perfect. If i won't have the will or energy, im going with wankel engine. Less bits to clean Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 12,103 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815