Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
04-24-2006, 10:42 PM
EE80Liftback Wrote:So at least your not more insane then I am... With the difference that your car might some day get some value and mine won't...
You'll never know: your car is being preserved and within five years the only rolling liftback in Holland. Wink

In the contrary: enough coupes to find the next five years. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
thanks, you just gave me a very good feeling :-)
Find all posts by this user
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
EE80Liftback Wrote:Hey Ivan, we're thinking about the same project then. I'll give the guy selling this a ring next time I visit my parents.

BTW After I've bought it I'll leave it in the garage for now...

I bought a spring from him, great guy
04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes I hear good things about him. I already had contact with him a while ago about a mirror but then I just didn't get to making the actual apointment. His place is very close to my parents so it's about time I have a look.
04-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Hehe, I wish mine where that cheap, but I'm afraid that's never going to happen. Anyways, thinking it through, the left side of my car already has some rust repairs that are starting to rust again. If I'm going to invest in a paintjob I might as well make sure it will last a long time.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-25-2006, 08:23 AM
AArghhh... that guy just sent me a message saying that it's 400 per side... That is NOT going to happen. The auction clearly says sidepanels, (seitenteile), which is plural. Anyway, I'm not paying that much, I'd rather buy a new coupe that has less rust than pay 800 euro's for a couple of panels. Such a bummer, now I'll need to have him cooperate, or else have ebay sort this out.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
damn that basterd!!!!

drive that 150km, pay 800E in false money en en oy your screens

Mark
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Hope it will work out. As you say it's worth the effort (and the money) to make sure your new paintjob lasts...

And yes the panel for my car is cheap Cool

Are you really sure "teile" is plural ? Doesn't it depend on the preceding word ?
04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Well in the message he sent me he was suddenly talking about "seitenteil", which clearly means a single part. The auction started with "Ich verkaufe hier Seitenteile fur.... Which literally translates into: I'm selling sidepanels here. He may have meant that he's selling panels on ebay, but it's misleading. He also said he mentioned a quantity of 1 somewhere, I havent seen it anywhere in the auction though, and I have had a good luck because I was worried this might happen.
Auctions on ebay are always for what you put up for sale, so you cant make one auction with one price, and put 2 items you wish to sell separately in it.
Anyway..as long as he doesnt make a big deal out of it and just cancels the sale, no harm is done. I havent payed him anything and he can put them up for auction again. Guess I'll have to do with just a new rear panel then.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I´m now at a german friends´ place. I´ve asked him and he says it´s clear that in the advert it indeed says two for 400 euro

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 12,108 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815