Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
Nice work guys!!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2005, 01:10 AM
come on ivan get this baby in state and i'll make sure i'll become your painter :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Failed the MOT again yesterday...but this time no big problems...1 tire was a bit worn on the inside, so I just let them put on a good second hand tire again, and they didnt like my quad-brake-light conversion. Other than that only the licencse plate lighting doesnt work...which I'll have to solve this evening. I think it'll be completely road-legal again by wednesday. This mechanic really looked the car over to the very detail and told me he thought it was in pretty decent shape for a 1984 car... when I get that MOT approvement paper I'm going to go to that last garage that told me to scrap the car and wave it in their faces.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Hahahaha, interesting what a new exhaust and a bit of TLC can do.

Let it teach you Ivan that you shouldn't listen to much to an APK guy when you bring in an old car. If to much is wrong with it they quickly conclude its worthless.. when it comes through OK they admire your persistance in keeping an older car runningSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I wonder what they will say when I have to get MOT on my hachi: the tires on it are still the ones Jasper used and the front tires show really big wear on the sides (they call it wangen in Dutch). Big Grin

But did both licenseplate-lights not work? Confused

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
09-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I think I might have left them disconnected after the last time I sprayed the bumper Dumb question

About your tires banpei: big chance they will nag...I once heard jasper saying that it only needs to have minimum profile depth for 80% of the running surface..but I'm not sure and didnt want to piss off the mechanic that was doing my MOT since I was relieved enough with the simplicity of the problems as it was. If you cant afford to get new tires in time I can prolly lend you at least 2 wheels with tires that will probably pass inspection. I'm still looking around for some nice cheap 175 or 185 tires to stretch over my 6J 280Z rims for the winter.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Ivan141 Wrote:I think I might have left them disconnected after the last time I sprayed the bumper Dumb question

About your tires banpei: big chance they will nag...I once heard jasper saying that it only needs to have minimum profile depth for 80% of the running surface..but I'm not sure and didnt want to piss off the mechanic that was doing my MOT since I was relieved enough with the simplicity of the problems as it was. If you cant afford to get new tires in time I can prolly lend you at least 2 wheels with tires that will probably pass inspection. I'm still looking around for some nice cheap 175 or 185 tires to stretch over my 6J 280Z rims for the winter.
I'm sure of it they will nag. They nagged about the tires of my mitsu in the past. Undecided
I'm still not sure if I want to keep the current rims or swap them with some oldschool rims. They sure look great when the car is lowered, but since I'm going to put more "comfortable" springs under it I'm afraid the rims won't look that nice anymore. Tongue

In case I still have the mitsu by that time (as if! Big Grin ) I can always put those wheels under the hachi. Would look great. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
hey ivan mind as well wipe his face with it and call him a bastard Tongue Thumbs up!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Banpei, you can swap those sweet rimms with mine any day!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
mux213 Wrote:Banpei, you can swap those sweet rimms with mine any day!Smile
Haha... I think Jesse would love to see those rims on your car. Big Grin
Okay, back on topic, this isn't about my car but about Ivan's. Tongue

What's the score today? It's wednesday so Ivan should reapply for it today. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 12,102 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815