Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
09-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Ivan,

This and next saterday Robo's car is on the list of todo's, so time is scarce. I do need to do some work on the rx7 before 25th of september because I need to get some parts I'm swapping with a mate. I'm thinking about next week thursday getting the bridge... not sure yet though..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2005, 02:14 AM
ivan when we can use a bridge count me in mate :-)

when i pulled theprez his hachi trough mot i had some new cables made for the handbrake about 38 euro's a piece brand new :-) toyota wanted 56 for one side.

About the welding i could ask a company nearby to see if he can weld is it ss or non ss???

but first i have to see my ahchi getting ripped apart

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-16-2005, 08:39 AM
I have normal mild steel piping, and a stainless steel muffler...to top it all off I have 55mm piping and the muffler has a 60mm input..
About the handbrake, I went and investigated the adjustment of the cable...the nuts that hold it in place where at the top of their adjustment (meaning plenty of adjustment left). I tightened them down a bit and the handbrake works fine, so unless the cables break I dont expect any nagging about the parking brake any more.

Still have a weird feeling about the brakes...when the engine is not running the pedal sags down a few cm's, and then gets very solid.
So maybe there is internal leaking in the master cilinder on the first bit of the stroke, or could it still be the air? With the engine running and the booster operating it is possible to get the pedal almost to the floor.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I think my problems may be solved very soon. I just called a supplier for some information on exhausts for the ae86, and if the parts he found are indeed for the ae86 then I might have a brandnew exhaust for about 225 euro's. I'll go check out the drawings linked to the parts this afternoon, if they are correct I'm ordering them. I really wanted to buy a janspeed exhaust but I get the feeling that my money can be spent better on the bodywork..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Nice one Ivan,

are you going to use the muffler you already have with this new exhaust or are you ordering the whole deal?

Pm me some more info about this because I am thinking about going back to a stock muffler type of setup and if I can get something cheap from the downpipe to the rear, then I might do thatSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Thumbs up! way to go Ivan start kicking :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-21-2005, 07:57 AM
My exhaust should be coming in today. Went there yesterday to order it, and it should be the correct one. I'm getting everything from behind the header and back plus mounting rubbers/gaskets for about 230 euro's. For some strange reason they gave me a 40% discount on all the stuff, so I guess I'm a lucky bastard.
@mux...like we already talked about on the phone, the rear muffler & piping cost about 120 euro's if they would give a discount on it again.

Now all I need is a couple of extra hands to help me mount this thing as soon as possible so I can try and get it through MOT again.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-21-2005, 08:07 AM
its time you get yourself a camera ivanSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-21-2005, 10:47 AM
well, i've got nothing to do on friday and saturday, and i'm having a cam Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanx for the offer Doc...I'm aiming to do this on friday if I can rent a bridge at the DIY garage. Maybe grab a few beers afterwards..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 12,109 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815