Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
01-19-2005, 10:07 AM
senna Wrote://hijack
SJMR2 is the one i owe my hachi to. He warned me about the 86 on marktplaats when jasper offered it.
//
Euh? Wrong topic? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Forgot to mention it: the catch can is installed in Mux's car at the moment since my own hachi is out of commision till friday (when the diff is going to be switched..). The can has survived a couple of minutes of proper drifting during the belgian drift compo @ warneton so I guess it works fine.
Anyway, I'm building a new one for myself if I can find some proper fittings.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Bleerghh...had a long day today, me an Mux tried to swap the diff on my car..mission failed.
I had good hopes to get it fixed today, even got to lend a slide hammer from the toyota dealer (they know me well).

I thought the axles would come out pretty easily since the bearings should have been replaced 2 years ago. 1 side came out pretty normally (meaning: using lots of violence). The other side we took turns to bang the slidehammer on for over an hour and we didnt get it out a single mm.
Hitting an old brakedisc mounted on it didnt help things either (mux even managed to hit my good brakedisc a few times by accident Dumb question I forgive ya mate).

I think I know the cause of my diff failure now though: the idiots at the garage I go to for my annual checkup put ATF oil in the diff. ATF is a lot less thick than proper diff oil, and without friction modifier compounds in the lsd the temperatures skyrocket when the lsd is working hard.

Anyway, seems like I'm going to swap an axle (mux's old one) for the second time sooner than I'd expected. Like the saying goes: one mans trash is another mans treasure :wink:

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-11-2005, 06:57 PM
yo, dont let the garage fill your diff
sennas diff, was broken down ,a week after the garage visit Confused

its very easy to chance youre own diff oil Big Grin

then you know for sure thats it will be filled with the right oil Cool

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
The guy who rebuilt my diff had a real problem with getting one side out, i believe he had to resort to a bit of heat and a much heavier weight on the slide hammer

02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
keep hitting will go out sooner or later check mux his axle

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, but then I dont have that much time at my disposal. It's easier to keep hitting an axles several evenings a week while it's lying in your shed.
I'll switch axles and I'll slap the bejezus out of the axle once I have it at home.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Yeah, but then I dont have that much time at my disposal. It's easier to keep hitting an axles several evenings a week while it's lying in your shed.
I'll switch axles and I'll slap the bejezus out of the axle once I have it at home.

Put a cloth or old T shirt around the slide hammer and us it to "whip" the slide hammer backwards. That puts a much higher pulling load on the shaft and it will come out eventually Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
If you need a slide hammer for a few days let me know, I have one altough I am far away! Confused
02-11-2005, 11:21 PM
I could probably get the slidehammer from toyota some other time if i need it, but I think I can solve most of it with an old discbrake. The guys at the toyota dealership here could barely remember the last time they used their slidehammer anyways. I heard of that trick before (only called towel-trick)..I couldnt find anything that would work so I couldnt try it out myself.
I dont understand why they dont put bigger weights on those slidehammers in the first place...More mass would cause more impact at similar pulling speeds. Oh well..I'll have to make due..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Argh, my hands still hurt from that experience!! Damn I wish I didn't have to leave at 3 or we would have tried a little longer. Still after banging on the axles for an hour or so my thumbs really got torn appart, wierd thing these slide hammers.....

Heat never worked on my old axle. Banging and banging and banging for an hour each day for weeks on end, that finally got it outSmileSmile

We'll put my axle back together again (Ivan we need to remember you have one good half axle of mine in your axle and we'll need to reuse thatSmile Atleast we know for SURE all the bits we need have been loosened and as we managed to do mine in a full night, we should do fine on yours..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 11,973 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815