Bodywork in 3 steps
11-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
OK, here’s my bodywork plan in 3 steps:

Step 1: Striping out everything and locate rusty parts.

Step 2: Remove rust, weld reinforcement parts on body. In stand of putting roll cage inside, I’ll put reinforcement parts like I saw in AE86 Club vol.7

Step 3: Paintjob. Devil red Smile Still not sure about panda stripes?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Fun is not the straight line!
Find all posts by this user
11-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Sweet jezus...that rear shock mount is GONE! Blush Huh
Are you making the reinforcement parts yourself or are you getting the japanese stuff?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
I showed the screen shots from AE86 Club to professional welder and explain to him what I want. He said: No problem!
We’ll see at the end of this week Smile

11-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Hah, your project plan is almost exactly the same as mine with the exception of my step 3 being 040 Super White II. Smile If you have more screenshots from AE86 Club, I'd be interested in seeing them as I'd like to do some reinforcing as well but don't want to go for a full roll cage (don't like the idea of driving a car with a roll cage but without wearing a helmet).
11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
I would go with red panda Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bodywork in 3 steps]
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
firehawk Wrote:Hah, your project plan is almost exactly the same as mine with the exception of my step 3 being 040 Super White II. Smile If you have more screenshots from AE86 Club, I'd be interested in seeing them as I'd like to do some reinforcing as well but don't want to go for a full roll cage (don't like the idea of driving a car with a roll cage but without wearing a helmet).
I agree with you about the roll cage and helmet, because I want to use my hachi as a daily drive. But, one thing is certain; the roll cage is the best way to have desirable body rigidity. Anyhow, I don’t like to be surrounded with cage Smile
You can find full body rebuild and paint video in AE86 Club Vol.7. Here are some screen shots I took.

11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
And few more...

11-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
JonT Wrote:I would go with red panda Smile

I don’t know... There’s lot of panda around Smile
May be like this:

11-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
Thank you very much for the pictures! They give a good idea on what points should be reinforced. It seems like one of these is the base of the front frame rails which also commonly flexes on KP6# Starlets and sometimes even gets torn off the firewall! Here's a good series of images on how this location is reinforced on the Starlet - I was thinking of a similar solution for my AE86;

http://users.tkk.fi/~mkolari/orangetoy/2002_03_28/

He has quite a lot of more photos of his project on the website (http://users.tkk.fi/~mkolari/orangetoy/) and since the FR Toyotas are all quite similar, a lot of the ideas shown there should apply also to AE86.
11-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Bodywork in 3 steps
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=123...nforcement

Search Wave

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!