Is my setup correct?
10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Is my setup correct?
IMHO better contact BadDog in this forum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Is my setup correct?
Ok I will do that, thanks for the advice.
Find all posts by this user
10-31-2006, 05:10 AM
Is my setup correct?
I was reading up on club4ag and I came across one guy saying that the SAFCII is incompatable with the 4age because of a 9v AFM.

Is this true?

Would the safc2 work on a MAP 4age?

If so is there a possible way to boost a MAP 4age?

Im worried about the AFM MAP thing. From readings ive come to the conclusion that all JDM 4age's were MAP sensored. Does this mean that in order to boost it I would need to swap the engine and ECU to a USDM one?
THAT WOULD SUCK Crying Angry Sad
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Is my setup correct?
I have steady idle at 900rpm with 440 supra injectors. Below that line rpm become erratic. I use Megasquirt1 V3 for engine management and the stock toyota sensors (except onboard MAP sensor), although MS can use even the stock MAP sensor.

Are you planning to use 4AGE map sensor under boost. Probably you'd better find 4AGZE one.

AE86 GTS '84 Red Top
10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Is my setup correct?
I do know that some MX-5 guys have very successfully turbocharged their cars using the GReddy e-Manage Ultimate which allows one to use a second MAP-sensor for a wider pressure range and to extend the fuel/ignition maps past the limits of the stock maps. I had one on my MR2 for a while and it was really easy to tune and had plenty of nice features. It might be a good alternative to changing the ECU and sensors because you could basically keep the stock ECU, harness and sensors and just plug the eMU between the original ECU and the harness.
11-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Is my setup correct?
So then i CAN boost a MAP sensored engine? Because switching to a GZE MAP sensor is WAY easier than switching engines and ECU. I know a bit about the Greddy EManage, Ill read up some more. In your opinions is the MS better than E-manage? I hear MS is great but hard to tune.
11-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Is my setup correct?
you have gze ecu nad sensors? are they compatible with map harness?
then its the easiest way
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Is my setup correct?
Hoey Wrote:So then i CAN boost a MAP sensored engine? Because switching to a GZE MAP sensor is WAY easier than switching engines and ECU. I know a bit about the Greddy EManage, Ill read up some more. In your opinions is the MS better than E-manage? I hear MS is great but hard to tune.
Yeah, the stock MAP sensor will max out at its pressure limit but because the second MAP sensor is connected directly to the e-Manage, it will be able to run the injectors according to its own fuel mapping. Mohdparts has a pretty good collection of documentation for the eMU;

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html

Also, the Yahoo group for eMU is a good resource;

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/E-manage_Ultimate/

MegaSquirt is a great ECU as well, but being a standalone system, there's a lot more work involved in making it work because everything from the wiring harness to all the mappings need to be done from scratch.
11-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Is my setup correct?
Wow this is all coming together quite well, thanks for all the info so far
guys!

edit* Which Emanage unit should I use, there is a different selection here,
Blue, Ultimate etc?
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Is my setup correct?
Oh i read more carefully, Ill get the GReddy E-Manage Ultimate.

any other suggestions? with all this done i should be good?

Wideband o2 is very recommended on other forums, should i go with this?

How much should I retard the timing? Ive heard 6 degrees?
I would rather a safe setup over fast one SO to be safer I should retard the timing more that 6 degrees?

Should I be switching my spark plugs to a different type?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct connection brake master cylinder? bozu 5 6,733 07-26-2015 12:28 PM
Last Post: bozu
  4 Link setup and Traction brackets Jezza_hr 5 9,420 07-21-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: Bean
  DIV 1 rally/track suspension setup ditn 60 65,890 03-28-2013 11:28 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Fuel system setup 86Pilot 2 4,441 01-30-2013 04:24 PM
Last Post: Bean
  MSD 8980 setup - which wire does the dizzy connect to? megabob 8 14,036 11-22-2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: Project D