Initial D?
08-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Initial D?
I love Initial D. I have seen every episode Cool

But i dont want to have an AE86 because Takumi had one in the series :wink:

I was looking for some AE86 infos and i read about InitialD on a lot of sites. So i wanted to know what it is and downl... ähh i mean bought(:winkSmile the first season and just liked it! Thumbs up!
I hope the people here dont think that i just want a AE86 to be like Takumi after i said that i like InitialD Tongue
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Initial D?
I liked TinTin myself, didnt make me go out & buy a little white dog though.
InitialD is what it is, an Anime not a lifestyle

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
08-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Initial D?
Jezza_hr Wrote:The Big Yin I believe is someone much like myself and look at the work he is doing.

Cheers Dude lol Big Grin

i have broke mine several times though haha

and turning it into a drift car Big Grin

Eircamae86 Wrote:I liked TinTin myself, didnt make me go out & buy a little white dog though.

answers like thatr bug me really

I was a fan of The Corolla GT well before I had even heard of Initial D, However by the time I could afford to buy one I had seen every episode and just made me want one a little bit more Smile

If anyone mentions they bought it because of Initial D then fair on them that is there decision and there life, I wont hate them for that

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial D?]
DRIFTING is pushin a car against its intended design, then playing with the LAWS OF PHYSICS
08-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Initial D?
I find the Initial D episodes quite funny, have seen them all, but I didn´t know about it and about any hype, when I bought my AE86.
Actually I even didn´t know the car, cause it´s still not very popular in Germany. I was just looking for a used rallycar with rwd at the end of 2005 and I saw this car for good conditions in the net. I found it quite ugly, but usefull and that was the more important thing, so after a short testdrive I bought it. Now, after some modifications, I´m very happy with this car and I really like it, cause it feels fantastic and i never had any technical defects on any rally and even if some opponents in my class have 50hp more, I can win the class sometimes.
This car is great. Except of the transmission.. Evil

http://www.sg-rallyesport.de
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Initial D?
The Big Yin Wrote:
Eircamae86 Wrote:I liked TinTin myself, didnt make me go out & buy a little white dog though.

answers like thatr bug me really
Hey,
Sorry if it bugs you but,
I think that fairly sums it all up, I myself have watch some initialD & liked it Smile
people buy cars for many different reasons,
The main thing is the love of the car.

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Initial D?
pandae86hid Wrote:Just was wondering, how many people here actually like or enjoy Initial D? I know that on club4ag.com when I put my screen name as "tofudrift86" they assumed I was some 14-15 yr old kid who watched Initial D and all the e-thugs came out and started ragin on me. All because I put it as a joke! None of them would take me seriously. I had 12k to buy a car after my old one was stolen and asked if anyone knew where I could get a rhd Trueno. Had cash in hand and they told me to piss off like I was an idiot said I was watching to much Initial D. Anyway all venting aside, what are everyones take on Initial D?

dude i love initial d!
11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Initial D?
i bought my corolla cuz i loved the way they raced in initial d. How they underastimate the car and get kicked in the butt.! Now when i bhought the car i realised that it was more than initial d. I loved it. even if it is an SR5. Im converting it now to an real GT and im so exited how its going to handle. Im nervous. Tongue
I want to keep the car until i die. that is how i feel about it. cuz i know the car how it is build and why change to complicate your life?

I love the Hachi.!!

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
11-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Initial D?
I didnt really know much about the hachi til i played id in the arcade i had a 180sx and somebody with an 86 killed me. i wasnt even that bad. then i watched the show and when i was 16 i drove my friends and loved it so thats why i bought one and i still think initial d is great Thumbs up!
11-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Initial D?
Initial D is savage, found out about through being involved with ae86 forums, its a good show!
01-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Initial D?
Hello hachi owners. This thread really caught my eye so I wanted to post something. Before I say anymore I'll introduce a little of myself so I won't seem rude. I don't own a hachi-roku, although I wish that I did. I own a 94 Eunos Roadster (aka Mazda Miata) 1800cc with rs watanabe rims. After hearing that I hope I don't get flamed for driving what's known as a girls car. Reason why I choose this car was because it's very underestimated by people much the same as the hachi pre initial D era. The car has potential and is really fun to drive. I'll post pix of my car.

Anyways, I'm also an Initial D fan but just wanted to say there are alot of hidden things in the anime that really helped me out on driving. One obvious example is the tofu run and the cup water. Although I didn't use the water cause it's impractical for me I used my little brother. How I used my little brother was that every morning when I take him to school I pay attention to how much he jerks when I shift gears. Using that I learned some techniques to minimize the shock. Just that one little advice, forced me to pay attention to the car shifting it's weight how to engauge the clutch delicately and also acceleration techniques to control the car. This made pay attention to things you normally wouldn't. Initial D really did gave some great advices if you can really spot them. However, I really hate how it effected the US in a way. For one more and more kids are crashing in the canyons because of initial d just to prove that they can back up their egos. Second effect is the price hike for the hachi. =( I really did want that car! haha But anyways, I'm thinking of making a youtube video of driving techniques that I learned from Initial D and was wondering if anyone would be interested? I asked cause it seems alot of initial D fans are here and I hoped I woudn't get flamed. I just started getting into cars and is even newer to the forum world.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)