Initial D?
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Initial D?
I like Initial D very much. And I bought AE86 not only because of Initial D but because of spirit of my father who owned 2 times corolla wagon and few other toyota when I am very small kid. He like oldtimer car/motor so I am the same I think.

I think in this forum you are open to say anything and we dont fire up ur ass because of Iinitial D or any others things Tongue

Make love not war Smile

* offtopic: anyway someone know about anime called Wangan Midnight? Its not about drift but about Datsun Fairlady Z Smile lovely one

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Initial D?
Actualy I hate Initial D. just because too many kids here want AE86 only for this reason Angry
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Initial D?
oldskull,

yeah I heard from a mate of mine they are now turning it into a movie or something. I believe I've seen a game related to it and I've read a few chapters of comics I think but could be mixing up titles. Never watched the anime so if you can score me a copyWink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Initial D?
*offtopic: Bas, the anime is much better than the film I think Tongue I downloaded 2 episode from initiald forum website. I just know them 2 days ago from my civic friend Tongue and I already read the comic too on net of course but the anime vids is more understanding then the comic Tongue

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
06-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Initial D?
Interesting views; some very intelligent people on here. IMHO, those who dis ae86 fans because of initial d are indeed often ignorant or dont want to see another one bite the dust.
However, I concede the point of some of them; they don't like seeing people watch a few episodes of Initial D and decide that they want a hachiroku so they can be like Tak. The haters who share this perspective believe that the kids who want an 86 often think that they will be able to be as good as Tak if they get one.

Note: pay attenton to what cars the haters usually have - its often a 240. This is because they often feel that 86es are mostly pointless because of their lack of power without a massive swap.

Also keep in mind that with the lack of good, and particularly cheap, drift cars being manufactured many drift fans are embittered and worry about the community and its future. This can make it easier for people to become haters. ;op

That said, aye: make love, not war.

[edit] I failed to previously mention: Initial D FTW! (yes that means I like it. ;op) [edit]

AJC
'85 GTS coupe - ghetto and half broken | '86 SR5 hatch - soon to be swapped & caged
My Website
My Myspace
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Initial D?
Huh You wannabe Takumis!! no an AE86 isnt faster than a lancer! omfg i deliver tofu! I am going to overtake you after riding few gutters! Waaaah Kansei doriftooo! Evil Big Grin :8

okay seriously, I like Initial D and alot of other animes as well.
Some years ago, I suddenly got interested in cars and stuff. Then after a while a friend of mine recommended Initial D. I already downloaded season 1 before he actually recommended it, but didnt watch it, just because i wasnt interested in cars yet Tongue.
Still knowing the big lines of the stories and a few cars, I didnt like the AE86 as much yet, liked those R34/S13-14.
Even when i bought a kyosho remote controlled car...my uncle said..hey dont you like the ae86?...i said " nahh old toyota carrr...gimme lancer or altezza, and chose for the altezza (still have em here).
After getting more info bout japanese cars around that time, the hachiroku popped up more often...and suddenly after watching initial D...+ al those bestmotoring Option dvd....I was converted and now owning one Big Grin Cool

But yeah its very amusing and sometimes annoying to see that they flame every single post that mentions initial D...and ofcoourse...bringing up tokyopop-sucks comment haha!

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
06-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Initial D?
Yeah I love initial D Wave

When I used to work in a toy store I remember getting in model of old school Japanese cars all the time. We would get remote controls, plastic kits, die cast, you name it.

When we would get new stock in, I would usually look through them (as a kid I remember, because you couldn't afford cars, you would buy models right?) and look at the AW11's, S13's, GTR's and old Datsun's. This one car that I had never seen before keep coming in once a month or so... Trueno.

Now I had never seen this before but I loved the shape, especially pop up lights, so I eventually asked One of the Japanese guys what it was or if he knew anything about them. He came in the next day with a few eps of initial D.

Since then I have been hooked. Initial D certainly helped me along and maybe brought my passion to the front, but I'm still in love with the car out side of the series.
08-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Initial D?
anybody have tomica initial d vol.1 - vol.4 ?

zaki
[email protected]
08-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Initial D?
What is this Tomica version ?

*edit* owh just googled, miniture version of the cars, looks cool Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Initial D?
Yeah, you could have the right one there Mux, wangan has a game, dunno about the live action though. Anime is ok I guess, big downer is that they really missed a chance when it came to the sound, those cars always sound as if they're cruising down the highway, even when the visual has them downshifting. But maybe that's me being picky and all. The animation is damn goodlooking though. If you want a copy of the episodes released so far gimme a pm, I can burn em for you if you like...

And as far as Initial D is concerned, I love it, tbh it was partially the reason for me to go for a hachi instead of an s-body so... Thumbs up! prolly never gonna drift it though, first of I'm not good at that and second, better of buying a thrashed beemer for that sort of stuff instead of ruining a hachi... Tongue

E30 - Daily Driver
AE86 - Moneypit