Initial-D The Movie
10-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Initial-D The Movie
i also watched the movie yesterday; i agree it isnt that bad. some shots/drifts/action are very impressive.. also the "kansei" dorifto that takumi uses when overpasing Nakazato (in anime he passes Keisuke) is really neatly done (slo - mo, light trails..). so that i liked.

what i disliked is no. 1 - chinese. wtw. its such a lame language for street racers.. takes away half the charm.

no.2 modified story. okay you cant expect to put some 35 animes + a moovie into just 2 hours of tape. and its true you cant use so many characters, coz you dont have the time to get into each and every one of them. but still they could leave same characters and neglect others, not fuse them in some stupid way. Bunta is by far the coolest character in the anime, but here... Confused also itsuki isnt just a stupid, untalented, loyal takumis friend, but he is arrogant, well the stupid part is the same.. but it seems as he was composed out of few ID characters..

no.3 takumi. man that guy just isnt takumi. period.

no.4 the story. i really missed the "evolution" of takumi as a driver, like in the anime. again the time limit has a lot to do with that, but it could have been done nicer. and i missed he red line, a thread that would lead the plot.. insted its just crapped and mixed together..

there are more bad things about this, but i think all in all its not that bad to watch if you are an ID-fan. Or hachiroku fan.. i just think its a shame they ruined the moovie, because with a little more brushing up, and nihongo (!!!) it could really be a great film.

đana.
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Initial-D The Movie
My wife bought me a little movie in HongKong SmileSmile

Includes english subtitles and an extra disk!! making off, deleted scenes, interviews, etc.Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Initial-D The Movie
mux213 Wrote:My wife bought me a little movie in HongKong SmileSmile

Includes english subtitles and an extra disk!! making off, deleted scenes, interviews, etc.Smile
Oh wow! Couldn't she bring another copy with her? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial-D The Movie]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Huh

And she forget all the other members...

Wave
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Initial-D The Movie
guys, check ebay, for around 20 euros you have your own copy! Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
11-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Initial-D The Movie
mux, have you watched it yet? the bonus material i mean?
11-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Well mux, hope you dont minde me coming round with a dvd-r some time soon Big Grin

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Initial-D The Movie
I haven't watched the extras yet, will do that this weekend I think. Yesterday I watched the start of the movie, but my wife wanted to watch kung fu husstle so we watched that firstSmile

I must say that eventough i think Takumi is really potrait as he's a morron (and not as in the anime where he's initialy just a bit shy and ignorent) and that Itsuki really is an asshole instead of a comic relief character, so far I've found the movie very entertaining. [spoiler:9d1559cde1]I've gotten to the point where Itsuki manages to crash the silvia and his dad tells him to stop racing or he'll get killed[/spoiler:9d1559cde1]

I'm looking forward to the rest and I'll update you guys abotu the extra's..

Ivan, maybe a little film night when the wifes not home?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

11-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Sounds like a good idea..when's a good day? I'm coming home on saturday so I could make a detour (from nijmegen). BTW, kung-fu hustle is quite entertaining.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Hmm sunday evenings are best for me cause the wife is out workingSmile

I finished the movie yesterday btw
[spoiler:e87566a64a]
I must say that the movie positively surprised me. Sure compared to the manga and anime it leaves alot to desire but I didn't expect other wise from a movie that tried to cram a detailed story into less then 2 hours of viewing pleasure.
Non the less, I found the movie fairly entertaining. The drift scenes looked pretty good and there was some nice action in there. OK cars that crashed seemed to stay in one piece and guardrails were made out of paper but stillSmile
Itsuki really sucks, they have combined him with Iketani and turned him into a complete asshole.
My wife nicely commented that Takumi talked shit cantonese (actor is originally Taiwanees I believe) and that he couldn't act (well the guys a singer, and indeed he can't actSmile).
At first I hated the Bunta character but he actually turned out to be very funny and I liked that his role got more depth then in the anime, you really see Bunta teaching Takumi and get to know alot more about his motivations.
Having a race with 3 cars in the end really didn't make that much sence to me, the evo crashing due to oncoming traffic really didn't add much to the story aswell other then underlining the guy was an asshole. I liked the other races though..
The story also skips alot of stuff, I think someone who hasn't seen the anime would be lost watching the movie because it just doesn't tell you enough about what is going on.
In the end, I think they would have done better to just put stage 1 in a single movie because the movie really was stage 1 with elements of stage 2 and 3 put in but it didn't make the movie much nicer...
[/spoiler:e87566a64a]

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Initial D Mux213 2 15,989 01-17-2020 08:07 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D typing game reviewed by LGR banpei 6 7,584 04-13-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D Lyrics banpei 2 9,828 03-21-2014 05:17 PM