How-to - oilpreassure light !
06-22-2005, 10:15 AM
SutteR Wrote:Why cannot be used the wire of the original gauge to send some voltage to a bulb or to a relay? Huh
I also want some mod to have az oil pressure warning light because it's simply not good so.

Hi8 1
... there´s a difference in the sender units - sinte the stock one os for a guage & the extra one i have mentioned is for a warning light/beeper

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Thank you, I probably try it once. Great topics btw, the only thing that isn't good on a stock hachi is this oil light thingy...
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I had oil leak problem via oil pressure sender thread.
I tried teflon tape but I can't stop the leak and just changed the sender unit. Then I found that his thread is "cone", not "cylinder" type ! And the thread is self-sealing type.
06-22-2005, 01:36 PM
PetzK Wrote:If I remember correctly, the 4AGE has a second thread for oil pressure switch just besides the oil pressure sender.

PetzK:

That is an bleedervalve for the cooling system - NOT for oil

06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
KristianAE86 Wrote:
PetzK Wrote:If I remember correctly, the 4AGE has a second thread for oil pressure switch just besides the oil pressure sender.

PetzK:

Thats not entirely correct, theres a tread directly into the oilpump infront of the oilpressure sender. I know for sure, because Denmark (Skassa) and myself, have used it for oiltemperature sender... :wink:

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Knudsen Wrote:
KristianAE86 Wrote:

PetzK:

Thats not entirely correct, theres a tread directly into the oilpump infront of the oilpressure sender. I know for sure, because Denmark (Skassa) and myself, have used it for oiltemperature sender... :wink:

But there is a drain valve for the water, just 2cm toward the cabin,and there is a plug in the oilpump 2cm infront of the pressuresensor,that can be used for oil temp,it´s directly in the oilflow into the engine from the pickup.

Regards,
Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
06-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Correct! And i have also used the drain valve into the water, for my water temp sensor. Its much better than the original, which is mounted BEFORE the thermostat... Smile

06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Knudsen Wrote:Thats not entirely correct, theres a tread directly into the oilpump infront of the oilpressure sender. I know for sure, because Denmark (Skassa) and myself, have used it for oiltemperature sender... :wink:

Cool - i must have missed this one.

gotta check tomorrow.

Skassa - How´s it going ? Are you coming to Sturup ?

06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm looking into that as well...I dont really like the current position of my oil temp sensor (in the oil drain plug..just imagine it falling out Huh )

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-23-2005, 09:08 AM
The one on the right is into the oilpump. The left one, is directly into a waterchannel...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)