Forum promotion
09-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Forum promotion
i've got some nice Hachi movies, but you all know them also, so i don't think that's interesting Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Forum promotion
mux213 Wrote:Whow, today is nearly dead! Is every one being pushed as hard as I am by their bosses or something?!?! (Yes I pulled another all nighter this week *YAWN*).

Common people, lets see some interesting stuff being posted around here!SmileSmile
Yep, I'm being pushed hard by my teamleaders. Got to get some stuff done before the end of the month. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Forum promotion]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Forum promotion
The Doctor Wrote:i've got some nice Hachi movies, but you all know them also, so i don't think that's interesting Big Grin

Well there are loads of people here who may not have them yet.

Let's post links to video's in a single thread:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?p=1069#1069

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Forum promotion
banpei Wrote:Yep, I'm being pushed hard by my teamleaders. Got to get some stuff done before the end of the month. Undecided
Makes 2 of us! Confused

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Forum promotion
I only have a weekend job at the moment and still I have too much to do..picking up stuff all over the country, helping senna with his wiring loom..I'm exhausted Confused
Saturday me and my bro NoHachi are going to the slalom competition together...busy busy busy

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Forum promotion
YEAH!

We just hit 40 members! Not bad for a 3 week old forumSmile

Only thing is 12 of those have not yet posted. I wonder why? Anybody got suggestions to this? Anything we can improve so first timers keep their interest in the site?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Forum promotion
mux213 Wrote:YEAH!

We just hit 40 members! Not bad for a 3 week old forumSmile

Only thing is 12 of those have not yet posted. I wonder why? Anybody got suggestions to this? Anything we can improve so first timers keep their interest in the site?
It's a month already. JesseP registered on 27th of august. Tongue

Perhaps if we can offer a gallery on the front page and some other functionalities we can attract more people and see if the already registered users will return. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Forum promotion]
09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Forum promotion
I know a number of the 0 post members from the corollaclub forum where I posted a link to our little site for the few ae86 guys there (havent seen them here yet). A lot of the new members dont have an ae86 I guess, theyre the regular toyota crowd from holland, not that there's anything wrong with that.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Forum promotion
Things to think about:

Supply some walktroughs for performance modifications and general maintenance. With the upcoming prothane bushings GRB, it might be a nice idea to make a writeup of the first installations with photographs of each step.
You could expand this idea to cover most aspects of every day hachi ownership. How to change the motor/trans/diff oil? provide a picture walktrough with essential information added (type of oils, torque specs etc, difficult parts etc). Lots of people are doing stuff now, grab a camera and make an effort! Even people who have changed the oil on thousands of other vehicles will find it helpfull to read through the procedure beforehand. You never know whether there are quirky little things.
Changing the filters, replacing the timing belt etc etc

The other suggestion I have is to post more pictures of European meets. A Beginning had already been made on the forums, perhaps its a good idea to incorporate more of a structure. Perhaps putting some of the pics in a gallery on the frontpage

Movies! Not the Japanese/American typical driftmovies that everyone surfing the net has seen a thousand times before. I want to see stuff of you guys in action. Onboard laps of the great European circuits, drifting th corner you know so well in your neighbourhoud, that sort of stuff..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Forum promotion
Hey Nohachi,

I'm gonne be doing some of those things and taking pictures, I do want to have help from someone more experienced if I would want to do a writeup though, I'm much to much of an amature and I dont want to be responsible for someone else damaging his car because I wasn't clear enough in my writedown or made a stupid mistakeSmile

As for the foto galery, Banpei is already working on thatSmile

As for the vids from ourselves, those will come when we get there for sure, when we start to do meets at events from this forum, that content should grow.

We do also have some drifters here on the forum like Kristian, I hope they will post more movies of the things they are doing on this forumSmile

But all good points for sure! thanks!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum is slow MIGGZFSU 10 9,492 11-17-2017 09:06 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Forum unavailability to be expected banpei 0 3,204 11-29-2015 08:58 PM
Last Post: banpei
  New forum version available for preview! banpei 41 40,749 07-16-2014 08:18 PM