For what is this connector
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
fax0815 Wrote:I´m getting confused, does your switch open or close at a certain temperature?
My old KE35 had a factory electric fan on a bimetal switch that opend the circut at hot temperatures and that was on a relais, in short switch opens, fan starts running (fan loom on a ignition positive).

Isn´t that the same what you´re trying to replicate?
But surely a NC relais won´t help... So you need a reverse trigger NO relais, or whatever it is called...

There is only one thing to do to keep is simple, run a NO relais (which could have the power on a permanent life or ignition life) on a termoswitch that closes the triggercircut at a certain temperature (should be loads avaliable, once you got the right thread) , this switch cold get powered up by the free plug in your loom.
Hurray!

Hello fax,

One thing is for sure the setup woks Smile

I use NC temp switch (OE toyota) and NC relais. Wityh NO relais it doesn't work.
I made a quick electrical layout. I hope it's clear
As you can see with IG OFF contact will be closed so direct supply from the battery will keep the fan running all the time.
Or I need permanent power to the relais but it will empty the batt.also at the end.

About the curent the fan is using... after hearing about impressive numbers up to 30Amps I measured the current myself:

At start up it peaks until 8A. Afterwards it runs with around 4A.
I fused it with 10A to be save and rapidly switch it on and off for several times ... fuse didn't blow. Now I use 15A fuse.

I drove it (7°C outside) for several km's. after stationary running the engine for 5-10min. the fan turned on for <1min and switch off again. after 5min it switches on again for less than a minute. So I guess cooling is sufficient. Cool
Hopefully it will be the same in summer.... Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
03-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks, thats what drawings are there for, explaining things easy without to many words Wink

Looks like a 1,5mm^2 so it should be fine with 15A Wink The thing is your fan is stock so not very effective / powerfull, if you run like a proper Pacet, Spal fan, I´m telling you they take more than that.
I´ve had a twin speed Kenlowe and if blew 30A everytime...

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
fax0815 Wrote:Thanks, thats what drawings are there for, explaining things easy without to many words Wink

Looks like a 1,5mm^2 so it should be fine with 15A Wink The thing is your fan is stock so not very effective / powerfull, if you run like a proper Pacet, Spal fan, I´m telling you they take more than that.
I´ve had a twin speed Kenlowe and if blew 30A everytime...

The initial plan was to put PACET in until I found this Corolla E10 Fan for 5euro Smile ... well now I still have a few months until summer to find a proper wire to feed the pacet Cool Cool
On the other hand I do not drive it on track or races (only regularity rallies) so the E10 fan might do.
I know, there is no need for an E-fan than but I just like building these kind of things

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which connector is this ditn 7 7,028 07-27-2015 11:24 AM
Last Post: pack
  help, puzzled by the radio connector Bean 4 5,389 11-17-2014 11:32 PM
Last Post: banpei
  the connector saga (please help everyone) Bean 8 8,457 06-23-2014 01:13 PM
Last Post: Bean
  Help! Diagnostic connector (IGN) for dataloging with MS? Bean 2 3,914 05-24-2011 11:07 AM
Last Post: roman
  Firewall harness connector?? choco 0 2,669 02-09-2008 04:00 PM
Last Post: choco