Help! Diagnostic connector (IGN) for dataloging with MS?
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Hello everybody,

I have a Megasquirt II for quite a while now but still haven't fitted it.
Now while I was replacing some vacuum hoses on my engine today I've realised the IGN labling on the diagnostic connector. According to the manual a tachometer can be connected there (+a warning not to allow the tachometer terminal to connect to ground).

So i wondred if it's possible to connect my Megasquirt to this, so I can datalog the OEM ign table. My engine is still stock and as I'm stuck in a country with no tuning experts or proper garages, this would help me out quite a bit, also I think it would be interesting for some of us to know the OEM ignition table in consideration with all the other values...

So if I understood right this would simply mean to connect a wire between pin 24 on my MSII and the diag connector (or NE on the ecu).
Not sure if I'm missing something so would this work?

Thanks in advance for any advice, confirmatin as I don't want to fry my Ignition system as replacment is no existent around here.

Cheers Bean

EDIT - even better would it be if I could connect it to my Stimulator so I don't have to bodge around with the loom I've made. As the stim will provide the MS with power at the same time too.
I got this stim: http://www.megamanual.com/v21stim.htm

EDIT2: just had a beeter look and seems that the above will only give me a rpm reading, which I need too anyway so

THE BIG QUESTION: where can I get the ignition event from (I think IGF) and where would I hook this up on the stim (might need a small circuit?)?

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
A tacho just counts the amount of pulses, not how far advanced they are from tdc. You will need a reference against crank position to get useful info.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which connector is this ditn 7 6,962 07-27-2015 11:24 AM
Last Post: pack
  help, puzzled by the radio connector Bean 4 5,307 11-17-2014 11:32 PM
Last Post: banpei
  the connector saga (please help everyone) Bean 8 8,403 06-23-2014 01:13 PM
Last Post: Bean
  For what is this connector Dino86 13 12,854 03-07-2013 01:58 PM
Last Post: Dino86
  engine wont go into diagnostic mode with T&E1 bridged Bean 8 9,236 05-30-2010 08:31 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla