Exhaust for the daily driver
12-04-2014, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 12:37 AM by headrush.)
These caps are also called "db killer" by some people.

Btw, I'm digging the Martelius Street exhaust, I didn't know that brand and I like what I'm seeing! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2014, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 02:25 AM by Deuce Cam.)
The trd header and straight pipe alone will make the exhaust more high pitched and raspy. Oem manifold/dp sounds more clean, smooth, and isn't as loud.

I'd recommend Hks sport or oem for the cbe. Almost everything else is going to be pretty loud, more expensive, or too big.

Edit: Fwiw I have the trd 4-1 header, gutted cat and stock cbe on a stock 16v big port, and it still screams up top. I used to have an hks sport and the only difference was that it was louder (no detectable difference in power).
12-04-2014, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 03:04 AM by dinkers542.)
(12-04-2014 02:17 AM)Deuce Cam Wrote:  The trd header and straight pipe alone will make the exhaust more high pitched and raspy. Oem manifold/dp sounds more clean, smooth, and isn't as loud.

I'd recommend Hks sport or oem for the cbe. Almost everything else is going to be pretty loud, more expensive, or too big.

Edit: Fwiw I have the trd 4-1 header, gutted cat and stock cbe on a stock 16v big port, and it still screams up top. I used to have an hks sport and the only difference was that it was louder (no detectable difference in power).

I pick up the shell tomorrow so if it still has the oem cat back I will be using that. It seemed like the HKS sport was the best option as far as sound goes. I would have gone with the hks "legal" but they dont sell them in the states as far as I know and they are around 700. So I will just cross my fingers that the origional is there. Thanks for thenopinion

Dinkers
12-04-2014, 07:28 AM
If you stay with the OEM and want a slight improvement, exchange the bit going over the axle with a mandrel one or under axle. The crushbent bend in the OEM is really bad there in 99% of the cases

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2014, 10:34 AM
You can also get active DB Filler Inserts from Apexi which are sprung to open under high load, if you were going down the fart cannon route.

I'm trying to find an exhaust for my 20v at the moment too, kinda like the Reinhard Double Semi Ti with the center box but don't know how loud it's gonna be.
Currently running a HKS Manifold, decat and an unknown Stainless twin box exhaust, not sure on diameter either.

Also want an that won't be restrictive for when my engine is built and will probably be going to a Martelius R1 Manifold for it too.
12-04-2014, 12:27 PM
This one is going to stay relatively stock so I dont have a problem with the OEM pipes but I will look into swaping out that bend above the axle so thanks for the tip on that!

The shell I am swapping parts from is going to get a supra rear end and a 7age so for that one I will plan for louder pipes. That is if the shell has the oem exhaust still.
12-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Bean Bandits link - http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s3658...n/rc/yaucb - down for maintenance at this time.

As to the sound coming from a Brave..... this is recorded inside my car

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyres to suit new 14" wheels on a daily Jezza_hr 4 4,979 11-04-2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: Spitfire
  Hachi as daily driver cookwibble 28 21,219 11-19-2005 09:29 AM
Last Post: alex16