Electric mirror loom
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Electric mirror loom
Hi Parrot.
Where does that extended part on the mirror loom go to? Its only on one side. I mean the part with the round grommet. Electric widow or something? Did you find that there were plugs in the dash loom to fit up to the mirror loom already or did you have to sort this out yourself? Did you need to install relays or anything?

Thanks for the helpful link and photos. I bought the two looms off Yahoo Japan recently and am looking for type1 mirrors at the moment.

http://86life.wordpress.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Electric mirror loom
I put mine in a while ago, and cannot clearly recall. And this is a photo I have saved from somewhere or other. However that end of the loom is situated inside the door. Thus the plug would be locating the loom to prevent it flapping around and shorting.

You probably already know there are two styles of plug at the mirror end, three pins alongside vs a two rows of pins depending on the model of mirror.

My underdash loom came from Japan also. The passenger side mirror plugs into the dash loom not far from the circuit open relay branch, whilst the driver side mirror plugs into a plug that sits just above the drivers side junction box. The drivers side loom plug having what appears to be a red/black, red & red/brown wires (bit hard to see).

And of course there is the plug for the mirror controller.

If you need some pics of these, let me know.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Can Wing Mirror Glass be Replaced? chrisae86 1 799 03-05-2023 09:34 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Help needed with door mirror glasses T_AE86 3 4,689 06-29-2013 01:16 AM
Last Post: T_AE86
  electric water pump?? Uzelac 8 11,892 04-09-2012 05:20 PM
Last Post: Jimmi The Kid
  Electric Power Steering - What options are available Rasteirinho 15 23,776 02-29-2012 07:10 PM
  Electric steering column, need help please! Jimmi The Kid 12 19,813 02-29-2012 07:04 PM