Does Toyota still sell panals?
10-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Hello

In need the panal that is spot welded around the front struts, as mine has rusted through, do to brake fluid, eating away the paint.

Would toyota still stock these parts? Or are there any better places to buy panels from.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Dogs,

No idea if they still make those, you might be better off cutting it out of a scrapped car because I'll bet it will cost a bundle.

There's an irish guy in the sell section that sells rear panels, maybe he can also supply panels for the front?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Isnt it possible to weld in a repair patch? Or is it really bad?
You might as well try toyota out, see what they would charge if they still have them..Good luck on swapping that panel out though...there are dozens of spotwelds on that thing.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I dont think it could be patched, as the car is double skinned there, if push comes to a shove, I could drill the spot welds, remove it from the car, and cut all the rust out and weld a new piece in, but would have rather put a new panel in. Might have to phone Toyota tomorrow, I hope there parts dept. have even heard of the 86
10-23-2005, 09:58 PM
As long as you can give them a part number to look up you'll usually get some results..
53702-12923 for the left fender apron, it is a single piece actually. I checked in my bodywork repair manual..about 43 spotwelds on it Wink

While your at it could you ask them if this panel is still available for me?
58307-12800 (it's the rear panel with the lights in it, rusted to hell on my car..)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Okay thanks for the part number, is that left apron, as if you were standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay or the other way around, becasue my car is RHD so depends which side you worked it out from, the brake m/cylinder being on different sides to LHD.

I'll find out about your rear panel aswell.
10-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Doh!...forgot about that....was thinking too much of my own car (which has a hole rusted in the left fender apron under the master cilinder as well as it happens). You'll have to check with the other guys or install epc yourself to find out the correct PN for the righthand side panel.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jdm-parts.nl - They still ONLINE? pack 7 8,225 04-10-2014 11:06 PM
Last Post: pack
  I'm still-still alive! Plex 14 13,838 01-11-2013 05:15 PM
Last Post: Bean
  AE86, What does the Original Wheels look like? andyling 9 12,763 01-20-2011 10:57 AM
Last Post: andyling
  Is Omori Meter still a trading company? hachirokuGTV 3 6,047 08-10-2009 08:16 PM
Last Post: hachirokuGTV
  Does anyone here distribute for J blood? hachirokuGTV 5 5,322 03-18-2008 09:25 PM
Last Post: Conrad