Broken lsd?
10-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Broken lsd?
hey banpei you got a set of links ????

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Broken lsd?
I see similar damage when some stupid drivers use jack on these links to lift the car....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Broken lsd?
jamiemirror Wrote:I see similar damage when some stupid drivers use jack on these links to lift the car....

YES!!! When i bought my car one of the lower rear links was suspiciously bent upwards?? at closer inspection it was obvious a jack was tucked under at some stage and the gobshite jacked the car up by it!! luckily it was a crappy std item and i was changing anyway...some people are dopey when it comes to basic common knowledge a small bit of cop on?? Banging head

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
10-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Broken lsd?
robokill Wrote:hey banpei you got a set of links ????
Yeah, that was one of the reasons for going to TE71Corolla: he promised me a set of stock links when I bought the car and as part of the deal with the breaklines swap was he would swap the links as well. Wink

jamiemirror Wrote:I see similar damage when some stupid drivers use jack on these links to lift the car....
Auch, but then they would use the jack under the horizontal link. The ones that broke were the diagonal links.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Broken lsd?]
10-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Broken lsd?
[/quote]
Auch, but then they would use the jack under the horizontal link. The ones that broke were the diagonal links.[/quote]

Diagnol links!! u mean upper links or lower links?? the lower links are the long ones...which are the ones that dummys generally jack a car up on and the uppoer links are the shorter smaller limnks on the centre. how wud u consider them diagnal? either way the upper links and all 4 links are very important in their own right...if 1 goes they can all go as they act in unison. very gud mods on the rear suspension for driver feel and less floaty rear end like the panhard rod. arbs are the ultimate like largus for drifters anyway... Thumbs up!

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Broken lsd?
banpei Wrote:
Auch, but then they would use the jack under the horizontal link. The ones that broke were the diagonal links.

Yeah - I see that they are short ones. I just share some "non desired expirience".
10-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Broken lsd?
Ian - AE86 Wrote:Diagnol links!! u mean upper links or lower links?? the lower links are the long ones...which are the ones that dummys generally jack a car up on and the uppoer links are the shorter smaller limnks on the centre. how wud u consider them diagnal? either way the upper links and all 4 links are very important in their own right...if 1 goes they can all go as they act in unison. very gud mods on the rear suspension for driver feel and less floaty rear end like the panhard rod. arbs are the ultimate like largus for drifters anyway... Thumbs up!
The lower links are 100% horizontal, the upper (and shorter) links are not 100% horizontal, so that's why I said diagonal. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Broken lsd?]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken 20v upper timing belt cover chip 2 3,944 07-16-2012 07:11 AM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen
  Broken bolts - Water pump pack 13 12,510 10-05-2011 08:02 PM
Last Post: pack
  changing diff ratio, broken LSD??? fax0815 6 7,158 09-06-2011 08:19 PM
Last Post: fax0815
  my last broken engine....(probably not least) filh 9 6,649 04-09-2009 10:50 PM
Last Post: Rasteirinho
  Broken rear end(ring pinion) filh 9 7,342 09-11-2008 11:06 PM
Last Post: filh