Brake problems!!! ASAP
04-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
I have got my wonderful 4age running Big Grin Megasquirt RockS!! but i have a biggie problem .. i have bleeded the brakes so there is no air in the lines..

but i can not brake properly. it almost doesnt take at all and only at the bottom when i press the pedal... what can this be? help..

i have taken the boost vacuum thing.. apart from the brake master cylinder.. (i did not change the seal).. cud this be?

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
Find all posts by this user
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
yes it needs the vaccum

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brake problems!!! ASAP]
04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
You probably didnt bleed the brakes properly, or maybe destroyed the seals in your master cilinder during the bleeding (not very likely though).
If your master cilinder was empty of fluid, you'll need to bench-bleed it first to get all the air out.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
no air in system.. how do i bleed the master cylinder? Big Grin

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
04-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
Put it on the vice, same position as in car but the hole facing to you, put one some brake fluid on it, lets say 1/4 of the reservoir, make sure it wont run out while doing this.

1- Press the brake master cylinder (use some screw driver).

2- Put your free thumb on the holes in the upper side (F/R) as you release the the BMC. The idea is to dont let in any air as you release it.

3- Repeat the process a few times for both upper holes, till a big amount of fluid comes out fast like an eruption (if you´re working inside a building, it will probably hit the roof) when you press the MBC. Cover the hole again and release the MBC. When this appens, the bleed is done.

IMPORTANT: KEEP YOUR FACE AWAY of the upper side of the bmc IN ANY STEP OF THE PROCESS. In the last step dont even try to look at the holes too close. When the fluid is comming out its MANDATORY to stay away, and you dont know when its gonna be, happens when it needs too. Its a simple but bit dangerous process. If you can, use eye protection.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brake problems!!! ASAP]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
If you want to do it properly, get some old bits of brakeline with fittings, screw the fittings onto the master cilinder and loop the lines back into the reservoir. Then you just keep gently pressing the piston in until you see absolutely zero bubbles zoming out of the lines. It takes quite some time for all the air to come out after the master cilinder has been empty of brake fluid.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
My garage roof knows the taste of brake fluid... Cool

Keeping the AE86 alive!
05-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
Make sure you have enough vacuum for the booster.

Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car
1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

http://www.TheTunerSource.com
05-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
An easy-bleed system that works on air pressure is also a good idea.. makes it easy to just stare at the fluid coming out of the bleed nipples untill you see absolutely no more air. You'd be surprised how long it can take some bubbles to show themselves.

Brake booster vacuum should not hinder braking force, it would only make it a lot more difficult to apply force to the brakes (you really have to stomp the pedal to get the car to brake decently, but you wont be pressing the pedal to the floor).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Brake problems!!! ASAP
Do you fit vacuum line to the booster properly, INCLUDING one-way plastic valve ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big wheel problems gh0st 16 6,741 11-15-2021 10:51 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Starting problems 4-AGE kouki Hanzo 3 2,156 08-31-2021 06:20 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Problems Mintex M1155 pads Dino86 9 8,083 07-04-2017 11:22 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  16v Bigport fuel problems Rascal21 1 4,437 07-04-2015 01:00 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  Starter problems Widar 49 116,188 02-09-2015 10:11 AM