Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
04-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Hi,

I'm interested also.
However i would prefer (if possible) the redline to start at 8500 rpm and the yellow line at 8000 rpm
The limit could be 9 or 10K rpm.

Keeping the AE86 alive!
Find all posts by this user
04-22-2015, 05:29 PM
(04-22-2015 12:43 AM)Rasteirinho Wrote:  Hi,

I'm interested also.
However i would prefer (if possible) the redline to start at 8500 rpm and the yellow line at 8000 rpm
The limit could be 9 or 10K rpm.
everything is possible but as said before I'll go ahead with anything I want to make sure the lighting is even and good.

Will keep all of you posted. Just got home from 10h of work despite today being a holiday so car matters have to wait.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2015, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 08:54 PM by Bean.)
picked up my latest parcel from the post office today. It included my MAXGrip diff rebuild kit from Weir (including bearings for a full rear axle refresh), new refurbished alternator, APEX'i panel filter for my custom airbox (I still need to build it) and a 3D mouse for better progress in my CAD work/studies. All arrived save and sound thanks to the amazing packing skills of oldeskewltoy. Thanks a lot Dan, what would I do with out you Big Grin
Just a few more weeks before I'm finished with work and focus on the rebuild again. Now some pictures:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

AE86 ex-daily
08-31-2015, 09:30 PM
for once something different but a project non the less
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

this is only a first mock up (excuse the bad picture quality) I'm off to Switzerland next week to collect the rest of the missing parts and still need to make up my mind on the GPU side of things.

No news on the car side of things unfortunately, hopefully I'll get to it after I return.

AE86 ex-daily
09-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Could you please describe bearings here (their model) or show stickers from their package.

Thanks.

My car even older than I.

Dec. 1983 zenki Levin coupe AE85 swapped to 4age16v from ae92 and other needed stuff and RHD to LHD
Nov. 1985 kouki Trueno hatchback AE85, with 86s suspension, @3A + A42DL, RHD
09-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Can you elaborate a bit more which bearings you're referring to?

AE86 ex-daily
09-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Sorry that i was unspecific about bearings, i've asked about bearings on photo, bearings for rear axle)

Thanks.

Dec. 1983 zenki Levin coupe AE85 swapped to 4age16v from ae92 and other needed stuff and RHD to LHD
09-02-2015, 07:23 PM
(09-02-2015 04:29 PM)KoJl6ACA Wrote:  Sorry that i was unspecific about bearings, i've asked about bearings on photo, bearings for rear axle)

Thanks.
2x Koyo 514000, 1x Koyo HI-CAPH88649, 1x Koyo HI-CAPM86610, 2x Koyo HICAPLM501349/10 A-35

there's also a couple of seals included in the kit but no partnumbers on those.

For the official Toyota partnumbers you can check http://www.toyodiy.com

AE86 ex-daily
09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your answer,
I know about "toyodiy" webpage, but official Toyota partnumbers are not the deal here, because the same bearings from KOYO after all this "circles of hell" [bearing manufacturer->toyota dealer->end user] will cause 2x or even bigger price) so it's better to know bearing numbers and order bearings from bearings shop instead of TOYO dealer.

for example input shaft bearing for T50, based on partnumber cost at least 92$ and based on it's own number [30TR06S3N] will reduce price to 36$ so around 2.5 times cheaper than from dealer.
Thanks.

02-02-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 12:39 PM by Bean.)
so following up this post I made in another thread
(01-31-2016 11:06 PM)Bean Bandit Wrote:  so got started today making a simulator, after I dug out my harness.
I used my arduino to simulate the frequency (5V square wave) and amplified that with the help of the following circuit

here's a teaser:

will keep connecting the rest of the dash to test illumination and then switch to the 10k fascia.
Last but not least I'll need to dig into the circuit to adjust for the sweep so it'll reflect the rpms properly Smile

here's news Smile (I'll let the pictures speak first)
Before:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

After:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

some info to judge the picture, both sets of pictures were taken with the exact same settings on my DSLR mounted to a tripod (those interested can click the picture and download the big version incl. meta data). I did this to insure proper comparability between the before and after.
I also need to mention that my bulbs are decades old and were so dim initially that I removed the blue plastic caps to get slightly better results in both cases (again to keep it even for before and after).

I also did a follow up video. Again under same conditions as the first video.
I took a video with the illumination on but the rpm sweep was off, I can only assume it's due to my weak 300mA power supply (needs to be investigated further).

I'll need to order in some electronic parts to simulate and connect the rest of the cluster so this might take some time.

Meanwhile I'll source some new bulbs and try again with the blue caps and try to get a more even illumination. The back of the two fascias are very different

I'm pretty sure I'll get a batch of those done so stay tuned :wave:

AE86 ex-daily