AVO Suspension from MCN Motorsport warning
07-19-2013, 04:48 AM
AVO Suspension from MCN Motorsport warning
Hi guys,

As you may know I am part way (nearly done) on my S13 rear end conversion to AE86. I ordered some AVO double adjustable coilovers from MCN Motorsport as I was told these were a bolt in solution, great, Im all about making life easy!

The suspension took much longer than I was advised, which wasnt the end of the world. When it arrived it was only single adjustable, bit of a quality control issue here, ok no worries, sent it back and some weeks later the double adjustable suspension arrives.

We go to put it on and the adjuster for the shock hits the hub! Not only that, it doesnt fit on the hub mount correctly. I have run out of time to sent it back and wait several more weeks... I pay to have a machine shop space it out to clear for the adjuster and make a mounting point so it doesnt fall off. MCN advised they have never supplied the double adjustable before and should have made the adjusters mounted 90 degrees off. They did off a discount on my next purchase...

Now, spent a few hundred dollars getting it on, now the springs are nto captive! This is with the guards sitting 30mm above the tyre on a 15" rim!

Unreal, I now need to spend another few hundred (literally) on keeper springs and perches to keep them captive.

Long story short, I only went there for their expertise with S13 to AE86 conversions, and it was an utterly rubbish experience. The took pot shots at T3 quality which I find laughable looking back.

Hope this helps the next guy...

Andrew
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High-beam warning lamp Mylesmck 4 834 07-21-2023 07:44 AM
Last Post: banpei
  How to: Repair low fuel warning sender Sanity Clause 2 35,896 11-22-2012 09:21 AM
Last Post: ZaX
  Disabling the speed warning buzzer on a JDM Levin Ian.G 23 29,562 06-09-2008 05:31 PM
Last Post: cavey
  help, engine dies at startup - (56k Warning - SOLVED) Bean 42 36,818 05-23-2007 07:53 PM
Last Post: Bean
  HiSpec Motorsport street-devil 7 5,836 12-04-2005 07:46 PM
Last Post: nmwisima