AE86's in Bulgaria
03-12-2005, 01:17 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
here are some pics of some of the AE86's in Bulgaria, some are undergoing heavy mods (turbocharging etc...) Thumbs up!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Punky's Corner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2005, 12:37 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Punkara,

What state is that last picture in? The white 3door used as donor? Is the shell repairable?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2005, 04:46 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
mux213 Wrote:Punkara,

What state is that last picture in? The white 3door used as donor? Is the shell repairable?
if you ask me, anything is repearable! But is it worth it?
I am sure, you can get a car in betyter shape with all the part needed for it to actually drive! Just look around, e-bay as well.
besides, I am not sure how things with cars work between Bulgaria and the EU, I mean you might need to wait until Jan.1, 2007 to be able to import a car, without the husstle of emissions bans, custums, etc...
I think there is a problem importing a car in the EU, which is more than 7 years old, and has not catalizor, or something like that...
each country has some of their own rules, but generally, it sucks. I have a friend here in Italy, he got him a nice AE86 over from Switzerland, the local Italian motor authorities were giving him problems for registration, because the car had no cat and was more than 7 years older, at the same time in Italy you can register trouble-free any car which is at least 25 years old or more... crazy, I know, but that's the rules
Angry
There is an AE86 for sale in Bulgaria right now, I think the price is about 430euros, and the car needs some repairs "problems in the LSD, gearbox, and steering rack. needs change of the fuel pump. needs some body work (to clean out some rusty parts), has some German made body kit on it. The car does drive, and starts up only in warmer weather"... (beacuse of the pump they say).
but then agian, how would you import it to Holland and register it there?
trhere are no pics on our forum, but I can ask if they can take some.
Confused

Punky's Corner
03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
I've seen the pics of that ae86 thats for sale...with those kinds of problems it's not even worth 200 euro's to me (as a complete car)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-13-2005, 12:32 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Welcome!

nice hatch you got there, but like mux I don't fancy the double wing setup... But it's your car.

What are those real wheel arches? Doesn't look original?

Got any more pics? Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86's in Bulgaria]
Find all posts by this user
03-13-2005, 11:39 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
mux213 Wrote:Punkara,

Not repairable. A car came with major problems, many parts were already dismauntled and sold. Major rust problems to the rear end of the body. Problems with documents - unpaid taxes ...
Definitely not worth to restore.
03-18-2005, 09:33 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Ivan141 Wrote:I've seen the pics of that ae86 thats for sale...with those kinds of problems it's not even worth 200 euro's to me (as a complete car)
where have you seen them??? as far as I know, the guy had not yet placed photos of the car!
the car in question works and goes, and it is worthed ecery euro, even as a donor car.
the thing is, I just got an MA61, so a second AE86, will be a bit too much, although it would not be a bad idea, to have one with overrevving 4ag inside.... Cool Hurray!

Punky's Corner
03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Maybe it was a different one....I was referring to a silver/black coupe.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Ivan141 Wrote:Maybe it was a different one....I was referring to a silver/black coupe.
I just got a reply, the ae86 for sale in Bulgaria, had been sold to someone... has not yet visited our BG forum, so don't know him, as of yet...
the silver coupe, is getting ready for a turbo upgrade, stand alone ecu, etc...Smile. it now runs KONI's, has a new head gasket, dizzy, spark cables, plugs, tie end rods, rear sport bushings, etc. etc. you would really want to have it NOW, the way it is... Yummie!
Hurray! Hurray! :wink:

Punky's Corner
04-06-2005, 11:51 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
hey people,
we now have an international section in our Bulgarian toyota club forum, so anyone wants to write something or ask a question, please feel free to do so. Many of the members speak English among other languages.
cheers,
punky Hurray!
http://www.toyotabg.net

Punky's Corner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JapFest Bulgaria 2017 FanIsHere 0 4,635 07-11-2017 08:15 AM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  what is there to do in bulgaria AEsuperG 12 15,248 08-28-2005 09:48 PM
Last Post: AEsuperG