1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - « The King of Europe Drift Edition »]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2004, 03:57 AM
« The King of Europe Drift Edition »
mY application is sent - Who will join me ?
K

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
12-31-2004, 04:27 PM
KristianAE86 Wrote:[b] mY application is sent
Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - « The King of Europe Drift Edition »]
12-31-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm going to see how the open drift challenge in belgium is going to go next month, if I do ok there I will most likely join in this compo aswellSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Quote:This is going to be one fucking event.

all big BHP cars everyone will be overpowering i doubt there will be much real drifting ya from driftworks and kristian but thats it

I like people who talk but does nothing.

Come on guys we all know, we (i'm the promoter of the event) can't do a D1GP style event the first time, nobody can! as there is not enough pro drifters (yet) in Europe.

We will do our best for this first time event and yes we will try to have 2 japanese drifters. We want to launch pro-drifting in Europe throught this event and we want people to improve their technique to be better for the next year event!

If nobody start to do event like this we will never be at the Japanese drift level!

Best regards and happy new year,
Mike
12-31-2004, 08:16 PM
dragonnoir Wrote:
Quote:This is going to be one fucking event.

all big BHP cars everyone will be overpowering i doubt there will be much real drifting ya from driftworks and kristian but thats it

I like people who talk but does nothing.

Come on guys we all know, we (i'm the promoter of the event) can't do a D1GP style event the first time, nobody can! as there is not enough pro drifters (yet) in Europe.

We will do our best for this first time event and yes we will try to have 2 japanese drifters. We want to launch pro-drifting in Europe throught this event and we want people to improve their technique to be better for the next year event!

If nobody start to do event like this we will never be at the Japanese drift level!

Mike

I will be there, if you need any help with the event let me know Big Grin
12-31-2004, 09:05 PM
dragonnoir Wrote:I like people who talk but does nothing.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Welcome to our little place on the internetSmile Don't let people put you off to quickly, Europa is still a couple of years behind Japan and the USA and unfortunately not everyone realizes it has to start small and grow big here aswell like with any sport. We need people like you to organise these events to get it all roling. If people expect to see a D1 alike show like in Japan or USA they expect the wrong things.

I personally think as the sport gains popularity that there will be some surprises ahead. The rally sport has been a very popular sport in europa for a long time and there are many skilled drivers that have been using drifting technique's for many many years. They just haven't found their way into the drifting sport yet.

We'll see where it all endsSmile

I'm gonne see if I can compete, I still got alot to learn my self. But I will certainly attent as a spectator if I'm not able to participate yet.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Someone sponsor Erik (0smo515) to come over, he's pro.

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
01-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Mike,

lol yes well putting it to words is the simple matter actually let me adjust it.

BMW drivers ...... porsche etc all big bhp cars come doing powerslides.

and to be honest we don't have spots to attain the skill of real drifting the way of feeling a drift is great on snowy places or so but to control the car in that matter we just don't have enough space (2 soccerfields would be very nice if they where paved :-)

And yes i am not that good either but i want to show when i am ready :-) Thinking of competing in the dutch autovisie driftchallange 2005 if i can win that than its off to another spot if you cannot win that than no change at bigger spots

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
01-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi Robokill,

Thanks for your reply, i think we have the same amateur level of drift and we hope to improve it on this week-end Thumbs up! as i try to do also some drifts with my 11years old BMW Respect!

What are the dates of the drift challenge in netherlands, i might go to have a look

Best Regards,
Mike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  King of Europe Round 8 - Night Drift Event in Hungary Zora242 2 5,822 08-07-2008 07:44 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  King of Europe 2008 Round7 Prague 2.-3. 8. 08 aussiefan 7 8,909 08-03-2008 10:27 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  King of Europe & Bavaria city racing in Russia, Moscow P-NUT 3 6,255 07-23-2008 06:35 PM
Last Post: Chell
  king of europe round 2 chambley TE71corolla 3 5,789 05-07-2008 07:55 AM
Last Post: TE71corolla
  King of Europe Hungarian Round - 4/5 of April! Zora242 1 4,106 03-11-2008 04:50 AM
Last Post: Zora242