what bucket seat for AE86 ?
05-25-2012, 08:10 PM
What bucket seats are you using, or have been using ? What does fit and what doesn't fit.

I find it difficult to fit in bucket seats with side neck protection like Recaro Pro Racer, Sparco Ergo/Circuit and so on.

Also, wide seats like Sparco EVO XL will hardly fit between tunnel and door, especially if you have rollcage.

Lower and thinner people will have less problems, but 190+ cm and 100+kg will have hard time fitting inside.

Please share.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
05-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi,
I run a Sparco pro2000 in my AE86.
Wenn I first got it I was using ultra low sidemount seat mouts (Driftworks type), I had to modify the brackets to suit the width of the seat and go as low as possible. Ended up with the lip of the bucket seat [u:b7068c112a]on[/u:b7068c112a] on the floor (the big hump with the silencer underneath)
I´m only 185cm, but seem to have short legs. Unfortunatly it was still to close to the cage and I could not run a helmet in there.
Since most of the track days require a helmet, I had to modify it again, cut the floorpan lost the runners and gaines another 15mm headroom. Still ain´t great, but it requites mayor work to the actual chassis rail to go lower.
I´ll look into that later as I want my runners back.

From all the cars I ever put in bucket seats the AE86 is by far the worst to work on!!!

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
its indeed a nightmare to put a bucket seat in an ae86
im only 175 cm and i have custom made brackets to the lowest point withouth cutting and i still hit the rollcage with helmetSad
05-26-2012, 12:46 AM
I have an OBX Daytona bucket on OEM AE86 seat rails. I think I sit just as high as with the original GT seat, but I can use the bucket with a helmet. I think thats mainly becouse I'm 1.7m tall :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AE86 GT - SR20DET BlackTop //// Trackday beater
Citroen C4 Coupe VTR - 1.6HDi //// Streetcar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Lotus Elise chairs are small and comfy and allow a low seating position (my brother nohachi runs one in his mx5 and he's in the 1,90+ height department as well).
Very light and thin but surprisingly comfy. Might be harder to find around Serbia i suppose.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Lotus seats looking good, although I would like to have full race fiberglass bucket seats with side support.

@fax0815
Was pro2000 hard to fit ? That's pretty large seat, could you post pictures how it fits with transmission tunnel and door ....... (don't know word Smile).

I'm targeting Sparco Circuit Pro or II at the moment, it looks like it's wide as Pro2000.

Thanks

p.s. I'm 192cm/95kg and would like to wear helmet also... big problem Smile
05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
i run a sparco junior with moded OEM rails and i seat lower than the oem ones.
i'm 1.80m en 90kg Wave

SR Team
BURN THE RUBER NOT YOUR SOUL!
05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
You gave me hope Smile

I've cut my floor already, sounds it will be low enough Smile
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what bucket seat for AE86 ?]

Regarding width, i couldn't put Evo XL in floor, not with bars on the door.
Also upper part was touching door. That is super wide bucket seat, AFAIK widest avaliable. Luckily, i don't need that wide, but something like Pro2000 which is M/L size.
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Uzelac Wrote:Lotus seats looking good, although I would like to have full race fiberglass bucket seats with side support.

@fax0815
Was pro2000 hard to fit ? That's pretty large seat, could you post pictures how it fits with transmission tunnel and door ....... (don't know word Smile).

I'm targeting Sparco Circuit Pro or II at the moment, it looks like it's wide as Pro2000.

Thanks

p.s. I'm 192cm/95kg and would like to wear helmet also... big problem Smile

I have this picture, from when I had the seat rails, needed a little bit of hammering on the front bracket to clear the seat rail, NOTHING mayor and it even looked stock.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - what bucket seat for AE86 ?]

I´ll get you some pictures from current state, but there is enough clearance to doors/bars and tunnel, etc. The only problem ever occured to me, was the lack of headroom!

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks.

I'm going to try Circuit II today, hope it will fit in my car Smile