some mad lock angle he's got!
02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
dr.occa Wrote:i pm'ed pazza about it and then thought about it before going to bed and came to the conclusion about the LCA solution. I've already got the #2 kit installed and now looking into getting the LCA adj. kit from Battle Version as well. That should almost replicate going with PS knuckles by widening the front tract. does this make sense or am i off base here?

Uhh, waaayyyy off base.

Widening the front track wont have any affect on total achievable steering angle, it will have affects on other handling charecteristics though. (Slight change in turning radius dia [slightly larger most likely], will affect cornering in a similar manner to a NCRCA, and a lot of other suspension dynamics that I don't quite understand yet.

Andrew
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
assassin10000 Wrote:Uhh, waaayyyy off base.

Widening the front track wont have any affect on total achievable steering angle, it will have affects on other handling charecteristics though. (Slight change in turning radius dia [slightly larger most likely], will affect cornering in a similar manner to a NCRCA, and a lot of other suspension dynamics that I don't quite understand yet.

Andrew

...harsh Sad

anyway, next morning i drew it and went over it with a fresh set of eyes and saw the same things that you pointed out above. i may just go ahead and goto the PS knuckles and experiment with the caster.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
dr.occa Wrote:...harsh Sad

anyway, next morning i drew it and went over it with a fresh set of eyes and saw the same things that you pointed out above. i may just go ahead and goto the PS knuckles and experiment with the caster.

Didn't mean to be all Angry ... Huh

Anyways, what's your current setup (suspension & alignment) and whats your goals?

Do you consistently bounce off steering lock with your current set-up?

Andrew
02-20-2007, 05:59 PM
haha, no worries, it was an opportunity to sharpen up on my emo skills.

i'm running a complete manual setup w/ Alex' no.2 steering kit along w/ Gabriel's adj. tension arms where i've dialed in about 2.5+ caster and 0 toe. regular RCAs with about 2.5 to 3 degrees of camber. it's actually right where i like it BUT maybe i'm just getting greedy. still, i would like to dive in at higher speeds and at more angle.
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
dr.occa Wrote:i'm running a complete manual setup w/ Alex' no.2 steering kit along w/ Gabriel's adj. tension arms where i've dialed in about 2.5+ caster and 0 toe. regular RCAs with about 2.5 to 3 degrees of camber. it's actually right where i like it BUT maybe i'm just getting greedy. still, i would like to dive in at higher speeds and at more angle.

Hmm, dial it out to 3.0-3.25 degrees camber (if possible which it's not with trd/kgmm/swift springs without ncrca's or adj. lwr ctl arms) & knock your caster back to 2.3 or 2.2 and see how it feels.

0 toe is good.

Are you getting rubbing on the 'frame rails' at all?

EDIT: I'd say put the power knuckles on, but without ncrca's or an adjustable lower control arm you might run into interference issues. But you will have a ton of angle. I've got plenty enough to rub my frame rails on my manual rack with the ncrca, and I have don't have a #2 kit with the p/s knuckles.

Andrew
02-20-2007, 10:43 PM
assassin10000 Wrote:...
Hmm, dial it out to 3.0-3.25 degrees camber (if possible which it's not with trd/kgmm/swift springs without ncrca's or adj. lwr ctl arms) & knock your caster back to 2.3 or 2.2 and see how it feels.

0 toe is good.

Are you getting rubbing on the 'frame rails' at all?

EDIT: I'd say put the power knuckles on, but without ncrca's or an adjustable lower control arm you might run into interference issues. But you will have a ton of angle. I've got plenty enough to rub my frame rails on my manual rack with the ncrca, and I have don't have a #2 kit with the p/s knuckles.

Andrew

had rubbing earlier on but got rid of it with some adj. to my camber. i'll either give the NCRCAs a shot or the BV adj. kit for the LCAs along w/ the PS knuckles. i'll swap out the knuckles before hadn and see what problems i'll be running into. appreciate it assassin10k.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of buying a better 86 am i mad ?? adamsaiyad 11 13,277 04-08-2014 11:06 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  just got one! finally! electric mic 23 21,455 11-15-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: YoShImUrA
  My Wife Got her First Car! Touge86 7 7,225 12-07-2009 02:05 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  pic request: extra lock with power steering knuckles aussiefan 1 3,269 07-26-2009 02:02 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  wish did come true PICS!/ mods lock it please. jp86 11 9,418 11-24-2007 11:43 AM
Last Post: Mux213