some mad lock angle he's got!
04-09-2006, 05:45 AM
I still have not seen anyone outside of D1 with an extreme angle as in the photo. Ken Maeda, Ueo and a few others acheive the amazing. Is the spacer the best we can do?
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I think those D1 guys probably use different steering racks with more travel.
I've read something about the TE71 rack having more steering travel than the ae86 for example.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2006, 04:21 PM
anywhere to buy those steering angle kits?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - some mad lock angle he's got!]
1987 AE86
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=41755
http://www.aeu86.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255

...FWD SUCKS!!...
04-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:I think those D1 guys probably use different steering racks with more travel.
I've read something about the TE71 rack having more steering travel than the ae86 for example.

Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Hurray!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - some mad lock angle he's got!]

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
05-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok guys here is one way to get maximum lock... I mean, the lock in that picture is just stupid and im not sure you couldnt ever really use that much. I know for certain he spun after that cus i have the video but here is a way to get stupid lock..

Firstly, get Battle Version Spacer Kit #2. You'll find that this gives a huuuge amount of lock and unless you have really low offset wheels, the tyre will hit the chassis rail when you get near full lock.. For example my friend Jay has 14x7 0 offset wheels with 25mm spacers and it juuust about clears the chassis but has rubbed all the paint off. But using just the kit alone you'll be very happy.. But here is how to get more:

Secondly, if you couple the steering knuckles from a Power Steering AE86 with a Manual steering rack, this also gives a few more degree's lock and if you coupled this with the BV Kit #2 you will have huge problems with your wheels hitting the chassis rail. The reason this works is because the Power steering knuckles are shorter in length that Manual ones.

There is a way to get round it and thats a combination of low offset wheels and adjustable lower arms and pillow ball upper mounts. This way you can pull the top and bottom of the suspension further out and it'll give you more clearence for the wheel to turn. Ueo Style are a great adjustable bottom arm but so expensive Sad

Btw, either of those methods will work on their own and arent dependant on each other, its just thats how i believe you can get maximum lock possible on an 86. The amount you get is just silly!

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit
05-15-2006, 09:13 AM
That's one very good post. Maybe we should make how-to or sticky?

Since I used shims on my s13 I installed them on my ae86, then Kas followed, Hrc and now dodo.
We are all very happy with this modification, no more problems with parking. Evil

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
05-15-2006, 06:19 PM
haha...i already love the stock radius of rotation in my hachi, cause it has no CV joints in the front...LoL... Cool
10-01-2006, 05:27 PM
can somebody explain the working principle of this modification... I understand that with a spacer added it can move the wheel more out, but what is the point if you still leave the adjusment of the toe-in out the same... you adjust the tor-in-out, and when you steer you again have the same steering ratio... I didn't quite got the whole idea... I am looking to the manual right now and still can understand... Banging head

Can somebody explain this... Confused

EDIT
Almost got it!!! Hopefully at the end of the day I will be able to explain it to myself, and later on to all of you GEEK Tongue Smile LOL
(the speed of the steering changes (the trayectori of the wheel changes) because the tie rod has a difrent angle at the begining of it's travel)...

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
10-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Basically - all your doing is giving the steering rack more movement left and right.

When coupled with unchanged suspension geometry it increases angle by allowing you to turn/move the steering knuckle further than before. Which means your wheels turn further = increase tire angle/smaller turning radius.

Further gains/losses/clearances can be had by changing other items such as the lower control arms, steering knuckles and wheel offsets.

Andrew
10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=343...gic+tuning

I thank you.

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of buying a better 86 am i mad ?? adamsaiyad 11 13,376 04-08-2014 11:06 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  just got one! finally! electric mic 23 21,606 11-15-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: YoShImUrA
  My Wife Got her First Car! Touge86 7 7,267 12-07-2009 02:05 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  pic request: extra lock with power steering knuckles aussiefan 1 3,288 07-26-2009 02:02 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  wish did come true PICS!/ mods lock it please. jp86 11 9,485 11-24-2007 11:43 AM
Last Post: Mux213